4. Nandini's Little Secret

After the class Manan and Mukti were in the canteen.. Mukti went to give the order of trio while Manan were alone.. There was an awkward silence as the night of their marriage flashed before their eyes. Nandini, breaking the ice, began the conversation.

N- "You? here?"

MA- "Yeah.. We recently shifted to Mumbai.. And as this is the best college in Mumbai so I thought I should continue my studies here.. but I wasn't expecting you here and was really shocked after seeing you in the class.."

N- "Me too.. by the way we had decided to forget everything and move on.. so instead of making everything awkward.. lets become friends?" She said while smiling and throwing her hand towards him..

Manik thought for a moment then smiled and shook her hand.
MA- "friends! :)"

Just then Mukti returned and saw them shaking hands. She took the seat behind them and said;

MU- "So you both became friends too?"

Manan- "yes" and looked at each other

N- "so Manik, i'll begin teaching you from tomorrow."

MA- "okay"

Then they shared everything about themselves with each other.

After taking all the classes they left for their homes biding bye to each other, Manan were thinking about each other all the time and how their past again flashed infront of their eyes. From next day ownwards Nandini started to teach Manik.. They spent some quality time together and like this they became good friends.

Few days later Manan and Mukti were walking together towards the parking after their classes when suddenly one boy mistakenly hit Nandini due to which she fell down in the mud.. Her hair ruffled to other side.. Manik caught the boy and Mukti went towards Nandini and helped her stand up.

N- "Its ok Manik leave him, it was just a mistake."

Manik glared the boy in anger, boy got scared and ran away repeatedly saying sorry.

Manik looked towards Nandini and was shocked. Mukti looked at Manik's shocked expression and then looked towards Nandini. Her maang was visible with vermillion in it and her nupitial chain which was hidden under her dress and the scarf was visible too.. Mukti quickly set Nandini's scarf and hair, Nandini understood why she did so and quickly looked towards Manik expecting that he didnt see anything.

Before Manik could speak Mukti signalled him not to say anything.. So Manik became quite and asked Nandini

MA- "Are you ok?"

N- "yes" and took a sigh of relief, she excused herself and went to the washroom to clean her messed up dress..

While Manik was looking at Mukti expecting an explanation.. Mukti understood and began to tell about how Nandu and and guy got married and chose to forget everything.

MA- "Ohh.."

MU- "yeah but according to her that marriage is a pure relation so she daily puts vermillion and wears nupitial chain too.."

MA- "oh.. but why did she tell you then?"

MU- "She had no other option because she couldn't go to her house in bridal attire, so she came to my house as my parents were out of station. She told me every thing as I am her best friend plus she trusts me.. Manik please dont talk to her about all this..whenever i start this topic she becomes sad.."

MA- "what about the boy? Didnt she tell you anything about him?

MU- "Nope! She never told me about the boy, his name or info etc."

Manik was surprised cum shocked after knowing the reality.. He was somewhere guilty too for leaving her alone in that situation. After some time Nandini came and they all left for their homes..

Nandini was on her way on her scooty. Her scooty suddenly stopped in the middle of the road, she checked it but was not able to figure out what's wrong so she parked it at the roadside..

And started waiting for a taxi. Just then a car stopped infront of her.. It was Manik's car.. He said while taunting her..
MA- "Kabhi car kharab hojati kabhi scooty! Tu sab kuch jaan boojh ke to nai karti na?"

Nandini glared at him angrily;

MA- "just kidding yaar sorry.. Come ill drop you.

Nandini sat on the passenger's seat and told him the directions.. Once they reached her home Nandini was about to get out of the car when Manik said..

MA- "what?? We are neighbours!?"

N- "what do you mean?"

MA- "thats my house.. He said to a house alternative to hers.."

N- "Really? Thats really good! Now you can visit my house anytime you need my help!"
MA- Yes okay.. you take care Nandu

N- "you too.. Bye"

And both entered their respective houses.
.
To be continued!