chapter 1 (the promise)

The night was going slow, Hera had been waiting for Zeas to return from the mortal world. Of course she felt lonely, she hardly got along with anyone else on olimpuse and being faithful to her husdand was a very controlling task. She had expected him to understand that being married too the goddess of marriage and family came with a cost, but he had little understanding of the disappointment she felt when he would leave for the mortal world.

Hera decided to take on the role of her title and search for other family problems that- unlike hers- could be solved. First came the arguments over pudding, or parents discussing chores with their teenage children. But slowly they got worse as she searched for a migraine big enough for her attention. Thats when she found it, the throbbing of loss and worries clouded over a small apartment down in New York. In one thought Hera was standing in the room of disaster, but what she found was something alot more shocking then she had imagined.

The room was filled with broken glasses and beer bottles, giving of an unsettling smell. The walls where both stained with blood and puncherd with dents. The first thought that came to Hera's mind was that 'this is no place to grow up in!' Her motherly instincts setting in. But that thought was soon dismissed as an even worse scene was spotted by the Queen Of The Gods.

A large man was looking down at a boy between the ages of six and eight. The man had a smirk plastered on his face, but what was most shocking to Hera was the small shot gun that the man held in his chubby hand, pointed directly at the boy's chest.

"I've been wanting to do this for a while!" the man gurgled as the boy squirmed under his gaze, raising his hands about his haed in defence.

"stop, ppppppppppplllllllllleassssssss stoppppppp?" the boy begged.

But all the man did was bend down and whisper into his ear, " and why would I do that?" before locking the ammunition in.

Dry tears dripped down the boy's cheeks as the man laughed in amusement, knocking Hera out of her shock and filling her with a wave of anger. " Leave the child alone, of face my rathe, you monster!"

The hunched back man slowly straitenedned his back and turned his attention to her, pointing the gun at a new target.

"and who is this?" he belched, making Hera scrunch her nose in hate.

"you should find it a blessing to even be in my presence, now step away from the child!" she spoke, every syllable dripping with venom.

The man did nothing but spit on the floor and look back up with a even wider grin, pure evil spiraling from his stench. " MAKE me!" he threatened, raising the gun level with her neck.

Hera by this stage was extremely angry. She sighed with annoyance before raising her hand, with one thought of power a white beem of energy sprang from her palm and charged into the man's chest. A loud thud was herd as he was catapulted into the wall before falling unconscious. Hera tugged a smile before making her way over to the boy.

He had dark brown hair, sticky with blood; dark green eyes showed relife, but fear and worry as well. He had multiple scares and bruises showing through his shredded t-shirt. His left cheek had been cut open and was dripping a thick, dark red. His body was unnaturally skinny from lack of food and he had a powerful aura that only a demigod could give off.

She kneeled down next to him and whent to clasp his shoulder, but he flinched away with fear. This was slightly worrying to the goddess of family, but non the less she tried again. He flinched again but not as bad, letting her smooth circles in his shoulder for comfort.

"what is your name child?" she asked in a soothing and motherly tone, making sure not the worry the boy.

"P, percy J, Jackson mam" he stuttered. In response, she gave him a reassuring smile and soon enough his eyes showed relife, the fear swept from his face. Swirls of sea green made a vortex around his pupils, something that seemed familiar to Hera.

"where is your mother?" she asked, wondering what devil of a woman left their son home with such a monster.

Percy bowed his head before choking out his answer. "she is..." a few new tears made their way down his cheeks, before he continued in a small whisper, "... In a better place".

A new wave of love and sorrow washed over The Queen Of The Gods. This boy was all alone, and there she was, goddess of family and marrige being cheated on and made fun of. They had both been let down, pushed to the side to be worried about for another day. She needed something to give her meaning, a reason to sit on that throne. That reason she had lost long ago, and hear it was. Percy jackson was broken, but not permanently, and nether was she. Percy could grow up and be a strong boy, faithful to the gods. By now she was sure he was a demigod, a child of Poseidon no doubt. This would be the child of the big three, the child of the prophecy. The child that Zeas detested so much.

she cupped Percy's hands in her own, this time he didn't flinch.

"I will be your mother perceus, I swear on the river styx!" with that, Hera rapped her arms around her son and teleported too Olympus.