chapter 9

The drive had been a long and boring journey, but Percy still found it interesting to just stear out of the window. The lush country side was naturally larger and more flowing then the gardens on Olympus. The rivers and canals called to him with the smell of moisture, and the clouds streaked the blue canvas sky. Every inch was beautiful for the son of Hera. Everything molded together to create something peaceful and natural. He almost forgot that the earth was a power craving enemy named Giea. Almost.

Once the taxi pulled to a hult, at the bottom of a large hill, Percy got out with his backpack. He watched as the murky yellow and black taxi, zoomed off into the distance. Looking up at the top of the hill, he started to walk to the top. Breathing in the fresh warm air, he admired the landscape. Percy had never been out of the city before, strict orders from Gabe. But His mum had shown him plenty about it. Once he had climbed to the top, he looked around for a large pine tree. His eyes landed on the ruff bark, he breathed out a sigh, before placing his hand on the tree.

"Thalia's tree!" he spoke, knowing the story well. The doughter of Zeus was hated by Hera, but Percy found it wrong to blame the doughter instead of the father. This proved he didn't agree with everything his mother said, but he was open too her opinion and she had become to except that.

The leaves rustled from abouth, and a cold chill drove past. Something didn't seem right to percy, as he steped back to abmire the loyalty of a former demi god.

The branches seemed darker and less life like then it should have, and the roots where cracking in places, percy dreaded the consequences.

He quickly turned away, and walked through the barriers of camp. The next thing he saw, amazed him.

Rowes of cabins and sheds, glistend into existence. The land became wild with teenagers and animals. Cabins large and small scattered around, but a group of 12 made a horse shoe shape in the far corner. One end on the barrier was marked by a beach, the water glistend and shimmerd, giving Percy a homely feeling. There was a large concrete circle in the centre of camp, where a buch of kids where sword fighting. A large fild coverd the horizon, ending with a collection of targets, possibly the archery range. One of the small cabins had puffs of smoke coming from it and a few scorch marks on the wood. 'that must be the blacksmiths' Percy thought correctly. Another cabin was located next to the beach and fild with canoes.-The bout house.  there was plenty greenery and forest in between the attractions, and Percy figured that there must be more activities further in.

The main building that court his eye, was a red bricked cottage. By Hera's description, he figured this was the big house and mabe his way over.

Campers gave him wird looks, but passed by. Percy let this go and kept walking. Once there, he saw a bearded man in a weel chair, taking in the sun. Percy presumed that this was Chiron, as he already knew what Mr D looked like.

"um, excuse me, but, are you Chiron,you know, the cature?" Percy asked, already feeling like an idiot.

The man opened his eyes and looked up with a friendly smile.

"yes, thats me. But who might you be?" he questioned, speaking in a deep and knowledgeable voice.

"Percy Jackson sir" Percy replied, wondering if Mr D had informed Chiron of him.

"o, yes. Why don't we speek inside, im sure we have alot to talk about!" Chiron said, before leeding the way inside. He seemed calm and careing to Percy, maby Chiron could be that father figure I never had? He wondered.

Percy made his way inside, shutting the door behind him. He turned around to find Chiron detecting him too a seat. Percy gladly sat and placed his bag on the floor.

"so, as you might know, this camp is a place for Demi gods as your self to learn how to survive in the world. Depending on your godly parent, you will have different abilities. Such as an Apollo camper is good at archery, an Athena child will be good in war strategy and a hermes camper will be sneaky with theft." Chiron explained, of course Percy knew this, but listened anyway. " I was informed by Mr D, that you are an adopted son of Hera, now that is an interesting case, but if I may, who is your real godly parent?"

"poseidon, god of the sea. I should be claimed soon" Percy quickly explained. He had forgiven Poseidon of course, but the reminder of a father was just another picture of Gabes Fail to be one.

"I see" Chiron sighed, looking at the boy with sympathy.

Just then a bright green glow, came from abouth, and when Percy looked up, he was meet with a glowing trident.

Chiron simply noded and sighed, already thinking about Percy's future.

"before I hand you over for the tour, I must inform you Perceus!" Chiron said, making Percy sit back down in his seat.

"we have been having problems lately, surrounding the comeing war. These events have already startled the campers and knowing that the Prophecy child has come, will not go unnoticed! You might find it hard to get along hear, butbjust know this, we are all family!"  Chiron finished, looking at the clock on the wall, and then looking out the window.

"I understand, but if its ok, may I ask what this event is?" Percy asked polity.

Chiron thought for a moment, before seeing that as it might be part of the prophasy, it was only fair.

" a former camper, Luke- son of Hermes- recently disappeared, only to be seen not long ago, out side the boundary line. It seems only logical that he is the corse of poisoning thalia's tree. But of course, as a former camper, we are hopping to keep an open mind!" Chiron sighed again before adding: " it would be best not to speek of what you know, for this camp is in a fragile state!"

Just then, there was a knoke at the door.

"that will be your tour guide! Come in!" chiron said, calling out the last part. The door swung open, only for a girl with blond hair and startling grey eyes, to peek round the corner.

"Annabeth! This is Percy, you will be showing him round camp, before taking him to him cabin!" Chiron explained. Annabeth slowly rounded the corner, before meeting a pair of seagreen eyes!

Percy got up and grabbed his bag, before meating a very familiar face. He burst into a full out smirk. Before making his way towards a shoked daughter of Athena.

"o, and percy? Welcome to camp Half-Blood!" Chiron called, as the two teens exit the big house.

Gold and black hair, bobbing into the distance.