chapter 8

It was hard to imagine that a year had past from that council meeting, where percy was introduced to Olypmas. Of course, this ment that the time had come for Percy to go to camp.

Thoughout the year, Hera had persisted that percy stay in the apartment and train with his new sword and powers. But with small adjustments to the plan, Percy was able to venture into Olypmas much more. The exception was that he got to 'study the way of communicating, to help with leading the war'. Of course both Hera and Percy knew that wasn't it, percy was a natural leader, prone to get along with anyone. The secret was that Percy was always hopefully that he would bump into Annabeth Chase. Sadly that never happened, instead Poseidon would always be there when Percy was in the city. The god of the sea was up for any chance he got, to spend with his long lost son.

One time, Poseidon even treated Percy to lunch followed by a water lesson. Percy never told Hera of Poseidons visits, he had a hunch that she already knew, but he didn't need eny blackmail to be used on his dad.

With the constant lessons on cooking, cleaning, powers, weapons and mist control; Percy had little time to rest. Hera had explained how this was only preparing him for camp. Percy was beginning to dislike this camp more and more.

After mastering how to microwave a pizza; order Chinese and rip monsters apart (or opening a crisp packet, its the same technique), the year was over and it was time for the son of Poseidon, to move out of Olympus.

Hera kissed her son on the four head, hugging him with love. It was obvious that the queen of the gods was going to miss her son, he was everything to her.

Poseidion saw this as a great opportunity to see his son more, but a visit from a god was a very worrying event at camp. Poseidion didn't want to out cast his son enymore then he already was.

Zeus was in hysterics, Perceus would be off olympus, probably to never return. Zeus had hated the little brat ever since he found out that the kid got a better view then him. Hera had spoilt him silly and spent more time with him, then her own husband. Zeus would finally have things the way they where.

Percy had spend ages, thinking how he would fit in at this camp. he didn't want people to know who he was. he didn't what to be treated differently because of his fait or percentage. One reason for camp was for him to fit in, have a normal life- as normal as it could get for a demi-god. The hassle of making an entrance sounded worthless. Percy didn't like attention and he could see himself getting alot.

Like every year, Percy's birthday rolled around. This time though, Percy got a few more guests then expected.

Hera had gave him a train ticket, but Percy was set on calling it 'Willy Wonkers golden ticket'. The Ticket was like a V.I.P travel payment. any service would take it, mortal or immortal.

Poseidon had dropped round- hating the presence of Hera- and left percy with a sand dollar. After leaving with no explanation about the gift, Percy had placed it in his pocket for later.

Funnily enough, Ares had also payed a visit. It didn't end well, after Ares challenged the child of the prophecy to a fight- in which Percy won. Ares quickly hid his defeat with an, ' and that was your present!' and marching out of the room.

A few seconds later, the room burst with light. After everyone's eyes adjusted, three elderly woman stood in the center of the room. Each helping to cut up yarn.

Hera gasped with realisation, as the fates stood in front of her.

"happy birthday young hero!" the first one stated, braking the shoked silence in the room.

"yes, 13 today I hear. Of course there is no competition. We are thousands of years old!" the second Spoke.

"but there is nothing to celebrate, the older you are, the closer the prophecy!" the third chipped in.

Everone had stayed silent.

"o well, we can still give the boy a present can we not?" the second asked, turning towards her sisters.

"o yes, we are the best for presents after all!" the third cheered.

"nonsense, the boy dose not need help!" the first declared.

After a short staring mach, she gave in and the three woman clicked their fingers. In no time, a small white handkerchief was in Percy's hand. The three woman smirked with evil, as if sharing an inside joke.

Percy just stared at the material with concern. He had always hoped that the Faits where at least, a little sain.

"its important for a hero to be hygienic!" the first smirked.

"well good luck, young hero!" the third called.

"well, we have to go, fate stuff to do, you know?" the second cooed.

"remember young hero, if life is worthy, there is always a second chance!" the second one staited ,as they slowly turned to mist.

Slowly percy examined the present, knowing that this encounter would be important for the future.

as the party slowly packed away, percy placed his preasents in his backpack. He had set on only taking a backpack, after learning that many Demigods are just randomly taken to camp without planning.

Soon enough, Percy was ready for camp, packing lightly. He had his newest sword: riptide, his shild, necter and ambrosia, clothes, water, dracmas and dollers, his presents and headphones.

Percy would be joining at the biggining of the school year, seeing as the camp would be less busy. This would give him plenty of time to understand it. Seeing as his birthday was in August, he could begin camp a week after.

After saying good bye to his spoiled apartment, he waved at a smirking Zeus, as Hera showed him the door. More like transported him to the elevator on Olympus.

He had strict rules to get in the taxi that was waiting for him, it would take him to the forests of camp, where he would have to venture past the border. He was to speek with the centar- ciron- , who whould take him from there.

The only question that worried Percy was the cabins, what cabin should he sleep in? After asking this, Hera had explained that only ciron and mr D would know of Hera, to the rest of the camp he was a son of Poseidon only. This also meant that Percy would have to hide his mothers powers of energy and past life.

After this was discussed, Percy said his last good bye to Hera, before stepping into the elevator. He pushed the button for the 1st floor and gulped. He remembered New York well, he had masterd the roads when Gabe would send him off, to get beer. He was used to the smell and noise of the streets, even if he hadn't been there for six years. As the doors slowly closed, he waved good bye to the place he called home.

And as the lift started to descend, Percy hoped that Camp Half-Blood could be his home too.