chapter 2

Percy had fallen into a dreamless sleep shortly after they arrived. A dark blanket had fallen over Olympus, as Hera carefully placed the boy on a king sized bed. Pulling the golden silk over him, Hera contemplated on how to tell Zeus.  He would be mad for sure, resulting in a guilty wife. No matter what,  she was still the goddess of marriage and would always shun herself for disobeying her husband.

She had placed percy in one of the mainy rooms in her palace.  With the bed facing two french windows,  looking out onto the labyrinth of steets below. The walls were cream, whilst the tiled floor consisted of Turquoise,  sky blue and aqua green squares.  However the room held a hollow feel; apart from the bed, the room held no personal tuch or importance. Hera focused on the blank wall about the mess of brown hair. Slowly, swirls of violet, rose and gold caressed its way up the wall. Turning into a peacock painted symbol, the wall held a new masterpiece, for her little boy.

After some time of watching Percy's chest breath in and out, Hera had come to a conclusion. Zeus would learn of the boy in time. For now, Percy would clam the hidden master apartment on the top floor. You might be asking, ' but surely Zeus would know of such a place' . But that was the magic! Very soon, a new floor would be added, having the best views of both Olympus and New York. The apartment would have a wide range of entertainment; such as the latest gaming technology, a weapon and training arena, cinima and library for studying. Hera oso made sure to add a pool and garden on the roof, with pets and food. The best part was that the apartment would be completely hiden from everyone, exept herself and Percy. Being the queen of the gods really did have ita perks.

Before she could go into thinking kitchen colours and furniture, Hera was awoken from her thoughts by the waking body of Percy Jackson.

"sleep well?" she asked, placing a pillow In a more comfortable stance for him to sit up right.

"yes mam" he crocked, wiping a trace of drool with his hand, making Hera grin more then it should have. "where am I?"

"welcome Percy, to my palace, I am Hera, queen of the gods!" she straightened her back, looking into his mesmerised eyes.

"my, m, my lady?"

"please, you my son, can call me mother" Hera informed him. Her royal title was something she detested on his lips, she wanted him to be natural around her, not bowing at every question.

" o, sorry my lad- mum" just then Hera remembered the boy's state and ordered for new cloths to appear in her arms.

"hear, you must be terribly uncomfortable?" she asked, making the clothes disappear, only for percy to be dressed in the white silk.

Percy looked up in amazement. He was such a wonderful boy, Hera thought.

"Percy...    how much do you know about the Greek gods?"

It surprised her that Percy knew a fair deel, but he had soon explained how his mother had told him, that it was very important information, life and death.

It pained her to think that her little six year old boy, would be the subject of the big prophecy. She could see that he was in for alot of pain and misery, but maby she could change his path enough to give him a few happy endings.

Years, Hera kept Percy a secret, she would sneek away from Zeus to see him and teach him the Greek Knowledge he would need. She helped him to control his powers and whatched him fall countless times into the pool, in effort to master a hurricane. She would go on about Zeus and his awfull 'faithfulness' and surprisingly he would listen to every word.

His dark brown hair slowly turned darker and darker, becoming a ink black mob of hair that could never be tamed. His eyes transformed into mesmarising orbs of greens and blues, and after mastering every weapon in the volt, he had become a strong and well built young man. He would always welcome with a rebellious smile, being completely relaxed around her. At age 11, Hera knew that she had grown a protective hold on the biological son of Poseidion. Percy was everything she had imagined and more, fild with laughter and jokes. The horrors of Gabe had long gone and he had been filled with a new wave of confidence.

"mum?" Percy asked, fiddling with the cord of his 'Beats headphones'. Hera had set out to spoil him as much as she could. Of corse, Percy being Percy, had olways denied the gifts and said that he didn't need them. That was one of her favourite things about him, he was so careless towords himself and faithful to everyone else. It made her laugh how he would be the one comforting her sometimes.

"yes?"

"im olmost 12 and..." he didn't need to continue, she knew exactly what he ment.

"yes, I know" she replied disappointingly. "we will tell them soon."

The plan was for Percy to be shown too Olympus after his 12th birthday, in hope to calm the council down for the upcoming war with Kronos. It was a well known fact that he was rising.

"but mum, I knew that, I mean, im going to be 12, can't I at least take a walk?"  percy pleaded.

"of course, you have the whole garden!"

" no mum, I mean, mount Olympus is lovely from up hear and all, and with me going down there, I might make some godly friends." Percy being the ADHD kid he is, was shuffling awkwardly.

There was a moment of silence on Hera's part, not reassuring Percy's aim. Seeing no reply, he turned to the desperate use of the puppy dog eyes, knowing fair well that his mother would give in.

She huffed out a defeated sigh. "fine, you win...  but only because you cheated!" this earned her a both relieved and joyfull laugh from her son.

She smiled sweetly of the memory of finding him, she knew he would not be her little boy for much longer. She suddenly understood what it was like to be a mother, to care and love for something so much, but the fear of suffocating it is heartbreaking. Her immortal family was nothing like this, her real family is with Percy.

Mother and son.