chapter 6

Hera had been listening to Percy about his day in Olympus. He talked about every aspect with such fantasy, she found it a blessing to see him so happy and excited. But one subject that he kept coming back to was a girl. He hadn't spoken much about her and whenever she questioned him about her, he always changed the subject. She had her suspicions, she was once mad in love with someone too, she knew how it was. But that troubled her, that the sweet six year old boy she adopted, was no longer there. The loved Percy with all her hart and was very protective over him for obvious reasons. She felt like he was her own flesh and blood, her demigod son. Hera was so proud of him, he was arguably the most powerful demigod she had ever seen. That coming from a immortal goddess was something. She would always consult herself with the thought, 'could the gods make Percy immortal?' before pushing it out of focus, 'that would be selfish!' she would remind herself.

"so when do we go?" Percy asked, bringing her out of her thought.

"we go too the council in two days, don't worry- we have plenty of time." she assured him, standing up from the coach and kissing him on the four head. That was another thing she loved about her son, he was never embarrassed by his mother's affection towards him.

"mum? Can you tell me about this camp?" he questioned. It was something they had talked about, but never into detail, just that demigods would be raised there, to learn all they needed for killing monsters. Percy had heard of the quests that have been taken, how the cabins where set for your godly parent and how it was led by the original Ciron. This fascinated Percy, but after meeting Annabeth Chase, he wanted to learn more about the single moments. Like who to watch out for, who was the best cabin and if they had a lake!

"well, the weather is controlled by the dome borders -that whould be Thalia's tree- and they have a strawberry fild to pay mortal costs. To be honest, I don't really pay much attention to it, thou I do know they had some problems with the lava wall, last month." Hera informed him, adding to the long list of things he already knew.

"so this lava wall?" Percy smirked.

"NO, no, no, no! Young man if I catch you on that disaster, you can say goodbye to that phone!" she warned.one problem with being the mother of a demigod- threats usually don't worry them. Percy just laughed and hugged his mom, looking forward to see how high this thing was.

Over a comfortable silence, Hera sorted out her thoughts on Percy's future. as time whent on, she would only worry more about him! What if he had to go on a quest? What will he do when he faces a monster? He was a demigod! Possibly even the child that is bound to kill kronos! She knew that she couldn't change prophecies, but she could shift it to her side. If there was now way to stop Percy's future, she could at least help him. She had thought of it before, but only now did it dawn on her. Percy would not be hers for much longer, this meeting would conclude that. Percy was her son- maby not biological- but HER son non the less.

"Percy, I know far well that I can't always be there for you, but if anything happend to you, I would always blame myself. You are my son Perceas, don't you dare forget that!" she started, looking him in the eyes with a stern and serious expression. " I will forever be with you, maby not physically but mentality. I wish I could do more, but the fates can be cruel, but they do things for a reason. Your future will be everything but easy and I can only offer what I have." she continued, smiling as the first bit. "I, Hera, goddess of family and marriage, queen of the gods, bestow apon you...        Percy Jackson, son of posiedon and Sally Jackson...         my blessing and power. Know that the peacock will always gide you!" she finished, delivery the blessing to a very shocked demigod. Hera had managed to stop the blessing from effecting his appearance, but still giving him some tactical powers to help in his future.

Percy didn't fell different in eny way, except for suddenly having a desire to sleep. Hera placed him in his bed and kissed him goodnight, watching as he drooled into his pillow. When Percy wakes up, he will be taught his new abilities, but for now he may rest- she thought. Slowly shutting the door, leaving her son to sleep- but not before listening to his light mumblings!

"Annabeth" he whispers, as Olympus slowly feel to sleep under a vail of stars.