The Train Ride

When we board the train, I can't help but notice how beautiful it is

When we board the train, I can't help but notice how beautiful it is. There's just about the whole victors village in here. They have food set up like there aren't people starving all over every District.

"Come, Come Children we have lots of work to do." Effie hurries us " We have big things to discuss."

If your wondering why Katniss couldn't visit me, Its because she is my mentor. Her and Peeta will be Mentoring me this year. A long with Haymitch because its their first time and they might need assistance. I have seen Haymitch around, often talking to Katniss about how she must act if she wants to save our family. I don't know much about him, other then he won his games by outsmarting the rest of the tributes.

" Well who do we have this year for tributes." Haymitch says

" I'm Rowan Ev-" I start but he shushes me

" I know who you are I've mentored a Everdeen before." he rolls his eyes

"Well you asked" I say back. I probably shouldn't have said that.

"Katniss she's got a mouth just like yours" Haymitch says trying to study my face expressions.

" The difference between her and me is I know when to keep it shut." I rasie my voice.

"Ok" Katniss interfears " Mason are you good with weapons"

"I can use a knife pretty well" he smirks "Better to not ask how"

I swear he must be a freaking Pshycopath.

"Rowan, we know what you can do." Peeta says " You two just need a angle."

"Why don't we have Rowan go as innocent and sweet." Effie beams

"Effie do you really think I'm going to pass off as innocent or sweet to anyone." I say " That is litterly the worst thing you could come up with." I snap

"Rowan, I don't know why your so upset but" Katniss starts but cant finish before I cut her off.

"You don't know why I'm upset, wow even Effie could figure this one out." I start

"Rowan Alexis Everdeen, You do NOT need to bring Effie into this." She rasies her voice.

"Why not, her biggest problem she's ever faced is probably chipping her nail." I spit at my sister who is now red faced with embarsement.

"Rowa-"

"Was she reaped for the Hunger Games" I ask

"Ro-"

" Did she almost starve to death" I yell now standing up to meet the eyes of my sister.

"Rowan E-"

"DID SHE EVER HAVE TO GO THROUGH WHAT WE HAD TO GO THROUGH JUST TO SIMPLY SURVIVE. SHE AND THE REST OF THE CAPITOL PEOPLE HAVE HAD EVERYTHINGH HANDED TO HER ON A SILVER PLATTER. ITS JUST NOT RIGHT AND I AM TIRED OF IT" I yell causing there to be a complete silence.

I walk to my room and let the door slam shut behind me. I sit on the bed and try to calm myself down before I reason and get over my sudden rage.

It wasn't right to go off on Katniss and Effie. Effie didn't make the rules, she just grew up thinking everything was perfectly fine. I couldn't blame her. Katniss is in the same situation, actually worse. I had to apologise. But first I'm taking a nap.

***

"The reapings are about to start," Haymitch knocks on my door waking me up from my deep sleep. "And I just want to say, It's tuff. This whole thing just isn't right but, you can't snap like that. That mouth of yours will be your worst enimie." He says with a chuckle.

I open the door and step outside "Ok I'll try" I say and give a dramatic sigh

"Thanks kid" he says and pats me on the head.

"Kid?!? I am not a kid." I say and then realize that's exactly what a kid would say.

"A kid would say that" he says waking towards the center to watch the reapings. I stick my tounge out at him and realize I really am a kid.

I apologize to Effie and she understands and just brushes it off like it was nothing. But whatever.
From the reapings this year we can tell this year will probably be the most interesting yet.

District 1-
Glimmer- 17 year old girl with blond hair, extremely tall, and semi-muscular. She looks almost deadly if it wasn't for her blond hair that made her look like goldilocks.
Marvel- 17 years old, Tall, but still really strong. He looked like he had all the odds in his favor.
District 2-
Clove-  16 years old, she was actually really small. Almost as small as me being at the height of 5'3. But she looked fairly muscular. Did To her height she looked like throwing knives would be her best bet.
This tribute made my heart stop.
Cato Hadley was his name. He had the most beautiful blue eyes I had ever seen in my entire life. He had blond hair, and a VERY muscular build. Seeing him, I now realize that all hope for Marvel was lost. But he did have beautiful eyes.
I was so caught up thinking about District 2 I totally forgot why I was here. He would be my enemy in that Arena.
Luckily Katniss pulled me out of my thoughts when she asked if I saw any possible alliances. When I told her I had not I decided to go to bed .

"Well that was a.....fun day!" Katniss says sarcastically.
I laugh "Yea I guess" I say
She lays on the bed next to me "Row, your my little sister it's my job to protect you. When I see you making more trouble for yourself I have to help you. But when I try to help you and you keep making more trouble that makes it much harder. Can you please just try to be more...considerate? I don't even know how to phrase that." She exhales

"I'm sorry I snapped on you and Effie, I was just-"

"Hey I get it." She pauses "Can I stop being so grown up now?" She whimpers

"Yea, I'm fine." I laugh
We spend the rest of the night talking and laughing and eventually I fall asleep. Knowing the next day I would arrive in the capital.

HEY GUYS!!! I Studdied for midterms and I can at LEAST get a 73 or something. So I think the next one will actually start in Pasileys POV because she becomes a really Important character in the future.😉 That's all for now!! Love you all!