Traitor

When you feel guilty for something, you never let it go

   When you feel guilty for something, you never let it go. It's on your mind constantly. You have that gut feeling in your stomach that it's your fault, even when it isn't.

I had that feeling for 4 children, whose life I cost. For the sake of mine.

We were all dealing with it. But something wasn't the same. For some reason. Ever since the first night we went out to hunt. The second night we didn't do anything, the focus was on the other Tributes. So today the attention would be on us, again.

I start to trust Them less and less every growing second. Well at least not Cato. Glimmer has been suspiciously quite, and whenever I try to talk to Cato he just checks to make sure I'm not mentally ill. To be honest I probably am.

I'm not sure who, but someone is a Traitor.

So today, Glimmer and Marvel and Clove  were sent out to try and look for more Tributes. I wanted to go but saw Glimmer and decided to stay behind to keep watch of the supplies. Then Cato refused to let me guard alone so he stayed too.
What I've noticed about Cato, is how overprotective he is. I can't help but love it though. He makes me feel safe when we're in the middle of a psychotic situation.

Cato and I just spend time talking about the most useless things. We got into a argument over which ice cream flavor is the best. He ended up losing because I refused to give up.

We must have sat there for a while. We hear a blood curdling scream from the woods and then a boys scream and a cannon. I stay put until I hear footsteps coming from the woods. I grab my arrow and bow and run out just in case and take shelter behind a rock.

Glimmer and Clove come running back with blood everywhere and fear in there eyes. They look terrible as if they had just witnessed something awful. Glimmer had tears coming down her eyes and her face was covered with dirt. 

She panted "Ma-ma- Marvel. He...he...that was his cannon." She gets out in between sobs.

I bite my lip and block the tears from my eyes. Yes Marvel was a little weird but he was an ally. He was just a kid.

Even Cato looks disappointed "Glimmer get washed up we're moving on"

"So that's it" I ask him tears in my eyes threatening to escape.

"Rowan, we have to keep going come on."

"Cato he was your friend."

"I have bigger things right now then Marvel."

"Like what" my voice cracks

"YOU. FINDING A WAY TO PROTECT YOU!"

"Well maybe I don't need protecting." I say grabbing a bag and walking off.

"And where do you think your going." He asks

"Away from here."I say letting a tear escape.

"You won't walk away from here."

"Watch me."

"Your being problematic." He yells

I turn around "Cato the facts that someone just died and you moved on so fast alarms me."

"Maybe I could move on from you too." He screams. And I pause "Yea go ahead I can find someone else."

"Goodbye Cato." Is all I say and I run until my legs hurt. By now it is pitch black out. I couldn't stay with Cato. You know it really sucks when the person who makes you feel better is the reason why your down. Climbing a tree I set up my sleeping bag and set up camp.

***

I wake up the next morning to a long green thing an inch away from my face. Screaming I start to get out of my sleeping bag for it to bite me in the neck. It didn't take long enough to find out it was a snake and it was probably poisonous.

Already losing conciseness I close my eyes letting the world around me go deaf.

Lol I'm tired and hate midterms. XOXO -Serena