The bloodbath

TenGet to the cornucopia

Ten
Get to the cornucopia.

Nine
Get to the Cornucopia

Eight
Cato. Where's. Cato. Oh right there okay.

Seven
For My Family

Six
For Pasiley

Five
For Gale

Six
For District 12

Five
For Dad

Four
Cato, he won't get hurt right he's got this he can do it.

Three
For Dad

Two
Myself and my sanity

One
Survive

The gong goes off and I run for the bow I'm right there when Mason grabs my ponytail and throws it on the ground along with me. I get up right away and look for the boy to see he's gone and Aneshia has her bow pointed at me. She fires but it lands in I'm shoulder. The pain is unbearable and I let out a scream no pain. I grit my teeth and pull it out letting out another yell.

"You missed." I growl at her and throw the knife to my right at her forehead and her body goes limp. She drops to her death and I take my bow back. Cato's fighting Mason for a machete. I aim my arrow into his heart and start to release when someone from behind Comes and grabs my shoulder. And throws me on the ground. He's way stronger then me and he takes his knife and cuts my jaw open.

"Ahhhhhh" I scream "Ugh get off of me you Bas-" I hit him where it hurts and threw him off of me. I grabbed an arrow and stabbed him in the heart over and over until I hear the cannons go off.
There are 11. Eleven people dead I look around me and realize what I have just done. I just killed two people. Two innocent people who will never see there familes because of me. Those kids won't ever be able to start a family or get married or anything because I killed them. I didn't even think of it until now. I'm a monster. Tears threaten to fall from my eyes and I notice the blood all over me. I get up quickly and see Glimmer with the exact Same expression. Clove sits on a crate with a blank expression as well staring off into God knows where. Marvel looks at the girl he had just slaughtered and runs his hands through his hair. Cato just sits there and looks at his hands which I notice are trembling and covered with blood. My hair is already a mess and my face is practically red and sweat basically.

"We should go." My voice trembles a little. "The aircraft has to pick up the bodies and we should find a solid water source or just walk to the lake." I say kind of snapping out of it. We grab a snack and head to the lake to strategize how things are going to go.

Clove starts "So in this arena there are nine other tributes out there that's less then half we are almost to the final 8 already."

Glimmer starts "There officially is no more weaker Tributes Becuase there all dead." She points out.

"Who is our biggest threat, at the moment?" Marvel asks

"Mason, and District 3 girl and District 6 male." I say seriously, they are really lethal even though I have no idea what there names are.

"So I say we hunt them first." Cato suggests.

"But they always told us to hunt down the weaker ones first." Clove says

Wait a minute "But that's exactly what they expect. Every year the careers hunt down the weaker Tributes first so they're probably going to wait around until we find them. If we attack them now we have the element of surprise." I explain.

"Sounds kind of genius" Clove says "Why thank you." I say and stifle a laugh.

"Ok Clove, Marvel why don't we go see what's in the backpacks left." Glimmer suggests winking at me.

Marvel catches on "Yea ok just don't make out please." He shouts back.

"Marvel!" Glimmer says and there laughs fade away as they walk back to camp.

"Hey lovely." He says bringing me close to him as we sit near the lake.

"Why do you call me like 30 different names all the time." I ask randomly.

"Because I'm trying to figure out which one fits you best." He simply says.

I laugh "Can I give you a nick name?" He looks down at me to see me smiling up at him like a loser.

"If you give me a nick name I will throw you in the water." He says and lays back down.

"Ok, sorry babe." I put extra emphasis on the word 'babe' so he catches on. Then he stands up and I start to run away but he grabs my waist and throws me in the water.

"CATO" I shrieked, But quietly Becuase this IS the Hunger Games.

"Can't day I didn't warn you, Angel." He smirks and then pulls me out. Then he kisses me. His hand goes to my shoulder where I got hit. I shudder in pain when he touches it and he pulls away.

"What?" He asks scanning my face.

Uh-oh "Nothing I fell and it hurts a little bit. Haha" He doesn't buy it though. I can tell.
He pulls my shirt down so my shoulder is exposed and reveals the wound on my shoulder. He doesn't say anything but takes my hand all the way back to the cornucopia.

"Sit" He demands pointing to a crate and I do so. Cato disappears for a minute and comes back with a quart of water and cloth and he starts to wipe the blood away. Next he takes out some ointment and man that defies what sting means. I inhale a sharp breath and he mumbles what sounds like a sorry. Then he wraps it up and let's it just chill out. Still he doesn't say anything just sitting back until it's time to hunt out Mason and his alliance.

"I think I saw Him go off in this direction so let's just stay on this path." She says and into the night we go. Cato is in the front with Clove and I'm in the back with Marvel. Cato every now and then looking behind his shoulder to make sure I'm alright. He still hasn't talked to me since he took care of my arm. But fine whatever I don't care.

Eventually, Marvel and Cato switch for some reason. Walking next to me with my sword drawn and my bow ready.

"Rowan you have to tell me if your hurt. Do you understand me." He says.

No I don't understand "Cato it was just a -" He cuts me off before I can finish.

"Rowan you could have gotten a infection. Do you know those can kill you. If you-" I hear a step and it's not from us.

"Cato stop talking" my turn cutting him off.

"No Rowan. You safety is number one and your no-"

"Cato I mean it, we have company."

The rest of the pack stops as well and suddenly we see movement in a bush. I step towards it with my bow and arrow ready.

"Rowan, be careful." Cato breathes and I just nod.

That's when a katana comes slicing at my face.

Hey guys what's up this is kind of a long chapter longer then usual but it's ok. I'm sorry I haven't been updating I'm falling behind but I will get back on track soon enough I have midterms this week so maybe next week or this upcoming weekend. XOXO -Serena