28

CHAPTER 28 — "I've missed you."

No One POV

After long week of hiding, Nayeon finally decided to show up. There's only few days left for her flight back to states, in which she's living at. It's lunchtime already, probably not the right time to meet up with Jeongyeon especially because officers like her were eating. Nayeon stopped and parked her car at the nearest convenience store, since she's starving. She bought some tteokbokki to eat and some hotdogs with her. She sat on the unoccupied table. She proceeded to munch her tteokbokki first.

'Nayeon-ssi?' Jeongyeon thought that made her eyes widened and to stop slurping her hot ramen.

Little did Nayeon know that the girl seating just a table away from her was the girl that she's wanting to talk to. Jeongyeon proceeded to watch how the older didn't care and just ate her meal. After the older's done eating, she wiped off the excess sauce on her face that made her to accidentally see Jeongyeon, who's watching and staring at her all the time.

'Fuck it, there's no hiding anymore.' Nayeon thought as she stood up from her seat and proceeded to walk towards Jeongyeon's.

Nayeon sat infront of the younger.

"Hi."

"Ms. Im?!" Jeongyeon said as she furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

"Yes, Officer Yoo? It's been a while." Nayeon replied, she tried her best to keep it cool.

"No way. haha." Jeongyeon said as she chuckled nervously.

"What? no way? can't you see that I'm here talking infront of you?" Nayeon replied as she leaned closer to Jeongyeon.

"You... you lived?" Jeongyeon asked. Outside she's very confused that maybe she's just hallucinating things, while inside, she's jumping back and forth, screaming how much she missed the older.

"If I died, would you still care for me? would you still remember me?" Nayeon asked.

"I... actually I did..." Jeongyeon replied.

"But how?.. how did you lived?" Jeongyeon asked.

"Long story, Officer Yoo." Nayeon said.

The two went out of the convenience store.

"I'm very happy to see you again." Nayeon said after unlocking her car.

"I missed you, Officer—"

Her sentence were cut off by Jeongyeon's sudden action.

She hugged Nayeon.

Nayeon hugged her back, as tightly as she can.

"Hugs can't express how much I've missed you, Ms. Im." Jeongyeon said.

"Officer Yoo?"

"Hmm?"

"Can I call you Jeongyeon?" Nayeon asked which made the younger chuckle a bit.

"Of course, Nayeon." Jeongyeon replied. Nayeon just smiled and buried her face at Jeongyeon's neck.

After their hug, the two drove all the way to the park and decided to spend their time together.

"I— I can't believe that you're alive and well." Jeongyeon said.

"Really?" Nayeon replied.

"Can you please slap me?" Jeongyeon asked.

"Why? I don't want to hurt you." Nayeon replied.

"Haha, I'm just afraid that this is just a dream, a beautiful dream." Jeongyeon said then laughed.

"I'm happy that you're alive, Nayeon." Jeongyeon added.

_____________________

YEETTTTTTT 2YEON FTW!
i'm late but thank you guys for 4k reads! love love
another late night update (ph time)
hehe team puyaterz c aqouh :"D
so yeah! i need to sleep now because
a long week of trials will begin later :)))
i love you all :>