6 | darkness

6 | DARKNESS

Later on that night, Phoebe, Cassiopeia, Loki, Thor and Rhea were all seated at a grand table in the dining hall of the castle

Later on that night, Phoebe, Cassiopeia, Loki, Thor and Rhea were all seated at a grand table in the dining hall of the castle. They were together to celebrate Phoebe's birthday. Each of the sisters had picked a random day of the Asgardian year to have as their day of birth. Everyone had a birthday except for them. They had no parents. They had no day of birth. They were goddesses stuffed into created vessels that emulated their purest form.

The dinner was like any other, except that all five of them were present and there was magnificent food served. "To Phoebe," Cassiopeia grinned at her sister in a way where her whole face glimmered in the dim light, "may she have many more birthdays to come."

Everyone clinked their drinks together in the toast and as all the delicate glasses hit each other, Rhea and Thor's hands lightly brushed each other. They both glanced up at one another, then looked away quick enough so that no one would notice their sudden awkwardness. "Excuse me." Rhea cleared her throat and scurried out of the dining hall.

She headed toward her quarters, only to be stopped by Thor who hurried after her. "Rhea!" He called, stopping her in her tracks.

Rhea turned to face him. "You cannot deny our attractions to one another." Thor grabbed her hands in the heat of the moment.

"It isn't appropriate. Plus, my stay here is only temporary." Rhea looked away from him, trying so hard to keep from being subdued by his gleaming eyes.

"You said that when you first came, yet here you still are." Thor slipped his hands onto her cheeks, his fingers tangling up in her hair behind her ears.

"There's so much you don't know; things I don't want you or anyone to have to face. And if my sisters and I are found here on Asgard, that darkness will manifest itself to the universe." Rhea sighed, a sudden weight could be felt on her chest as she reminded herself of the burdens she had to carry.

"You don't have to protect anyone," Thor looked right into her eyes, knowing exactly how powerful his staring was to her, it made her so weak in the knees and she could hardly breathe, "but I will protect you."

Rhea felt the butterflies in her stomach flutter all the way up to her chest. "I don't doubt that," she took a deep breath, "but you forget my sisters and I swore to protect the living from evil beings. And this darkness is one of those evil beings."

The tension between the two broke when Thor crashed his lips onto hers, releasing their pent up desires. Her lips felt so soft and so right on his. When they parted, Thor spoke. "Can the darkness wait just one night?" He smiled down upon her. Rhea's lustful mind caused her to instantly forget about Thanos and to just take Thor to her room so that they could finally fulfill their wishes to be with each other.