Chapter 5

A/N: Now that we are back in the universe we left from  the story continues

Chapter 5 A normal magical life

You woke up first the next day and sat down at the desk to start figuring the tome out. First you placed it down and cast a few spells that would detect any enchantment and either protect you against them or teleport the object into a secluded area.

With precautions in place you slowly lifted the cover, feeling the weight of the gem embedded in it. The pages seemed blank, although one of your spells had activated. The contents of the book were protected by something. And whatever it was, would maybe pose a challenge.

"You're already trying to read that?" Asia asked,  coming in and seeing you leaned over the desk, mumbling words.

"I don't plan to keep going for much longer. I just want to make sure it's safe until I know what it is exactly."

You kept chanting the words and the air shifted, a few things wobbling slightly. When the disturbance was over the book was gone.

"I'll be right back. You need some clothes and I'll attract less attention." you then said, going out through the door.

Luckily you knew exactly which store was closer and it happened to be very convenient in every way. And considering school wasn't over the risk of bumping in people you had confirmed were devils was low. That still didn't keep you from checking the mark on your hand frequently.

You reached the store and grabbed a few clothes before heading to the changing rooms. Since they had doors instead of curtains you got your sling ring and opened a portal to your house.

"Asia! Could you come try these on?"

The girl listened and you led her to the changing room, passing her the ring. She held it for a second and put it on the bench.

"I just realised how easy it would be to steal things with these." Asia said.

"But we're not doing that. Just leave what fits on the left and everything else on the right. We'll do some proper shopping later." you replied.

You immediately left the changing room, carrying a pair of jeans you'd taken to justify coming out and put them back, returning soon after. A few minutes passed and no more sounds could be heard from behind the door. You entered and retrieved the selected clothes.

"And where is the lucky lady?" the store clerk asked, winking.

"Oh." you replied, blushing. "I'm trying to surprise her."

The woman laughed and handed you the bag, moving on to the next customer. It hit you how unaccustomed you were with social interaction after spending months with a relatively small group. And this would need to change considering that you had discussed things with Asia and she wanted to go to Kuoh academy.

Timeskip

You were outside again, having filled out a couple of papers. You were going to act as exchange students, which would work well considering Asia was actually from another country. As for yourself, let's just say that being stuck in a place with all sorts of people from many different countries had caused you to pick up a lot of foreign vocabulary.

"This is going to be a lot of fun!" Asia exclaimed.

"I'm glad one of us is excited." you replied with a shaky voice.

"Is there a problem?" Asia asked.

"I'll... be fine. It's just a little overwhelming. It didn't occur to me until today, but I've lost my touch."