Chapter 9

A/N: I think I'll have to begin picking up the pace next chapter.

Chapter 9 Fun and games

It had been a couple of days since you were searching for Freed. In the end Irina and Xenovia searched during the morning and Asia and yourself during the afternoon, with the devils investigating during the night, when their powers were stronger. Upon waking up you checked what classes you had and decided to cast a spell on yourself for later.

"What are you doing?" Asia asked you.

"Nothing much just a little thing in case I run into someone at school."

"Is it that girl? You aren't telling me something about her."

"Well you don't need to concern yourself. I'm just trying to take advantage of the fact she won't recognise me." you explained.

Timeskip

You were walking with Asia, trying to find Koneko or one of the devils. Unfortunately the first person you came across was Issei, who was sitting with his two friends and a brown haired girl, Kiryuu. The guys were holding their hands in front of their crotches while she explained:

"My glasses can calculate the size of guys’ "thingy". From length to circumference. And I like what I see there Issei. Rias would definitely be satisfied."

As the three perverts shivered in distress you rolled your eyes. This wasn't something to say confidently in an open space. Asia gave you a look and you smirked, calling Issei.

Everyone's eyes fell on you and Asia. Issei would still show some jealousy, although ever since you had begun working together it wasn't as bad. Probably since he didn't know about you and Koneko. However, this time he got an exaggerated smile.

"Aika. I don't think you've met Y/N yet."

"Ooohhh! So this is the boy you were talking about." Aika said, addressing Asia. "I can see why you like him." She continued, pushing her glasses up on her nose.

Asia looked at you, realising what she was trying and Issei was rubbing his hands expectantly, likely wishing her comment would shame you. However, a couple of seconds later Aika took off her glasses and cleaned them, trying again afterwards. Issei's face morphed to one of disappointment.

"Why can't I see it?" Aika demanded to know, placing her finger on your chest.

You looked at her with a questioning look, as if you thought she was crazy before moving past her and slipping Issei a piece of paper.

"Hey! Don't ignore me!"

"I'm sorry. You seem to know me. Who are you?" you asked.

"Aika Kiryuu. What have you done to avoid my ability?" she once again asked.

"I don't know what ability you're taking about." you replied, shaking your head. By this time Issei had noticed the paper so you could leave at any point.

"In that case I'll have to find out what  you're packing the old fashioned way." Aika said in a determined tone.

This time it was your turn to be a little distressed. Your plan had backfired in an unexpected way. Luckily you were saved by the bell for the time being, as you needed to head to your last class for the day. The group broke apart and you hugged Asia as goodbye.

Then, right after you hit the corner, Koneko tackled you in a hug a little harder than you had expected and looked up at you. You smiled and shook your head to shake off the aftereffects of the impact. The girl kept holding your hand on the way to the classroom, ignoring the fact every boy was clearly thinking about killing you.