Chapter 11

A/N: It's been WAAY too long. Enjoy.

Chapter 11 Peace and another Gremory mess.

It had been a couple of days since the incident with Kokabiel and in order to celebrate the weekend and get your mind off that issue you had planned a movie night with Asia, since she hadn't watched anything, being a holy figure and all.

You had skipped club activities and asked Koneko to keep Asia occupied, because you wanted to prepare something special besides the movie.

"No! No!" You exclaimed as the water in the pot began overflowing.

The oven was also overheating a little. You weren't terrible at cooking, but you knew time was running out and had figured you could cook two types of dishes at once.

That was a mistake. And while you hadn't ruined anything yet the mountain of dirty dishes was not at all what you wanted. It would completely ruin the atmosphere you were going for. You set an alarm and went to the sync, intending to wash as many dishes as possible. However, before you managed to even get started with the fourth plate a knock on the door interrupted you.

Whoever was there was a devil, and it was abundantly clear it wasn't Koneko. The aura seemed similar to Rias', but at the same time trumped it. Leaving behind your F/C apron with "Do nothing to the cook" written on it you answered the door.

"Hello. May I come in?" the person, a tall male with red hair asked.

You offered to take his coat as he waltzed in without waiting for a response. Excusing yourself for the mess you offered to make him a tea but he turned you down.

"I've already had something to eat. I just wanted to see the person who helped protect my little sister for myself."

"I was just defending my own skin. I'm not worthy of praise…" you responded, trailing off at the end.

"Right, where are my manners. I'm Sirzechs." he told you, smiling slightly.

"It's a pleasure to meet you." you responded.

"Still, you were an asset from what I hear. But I digress." The man continued. "This is quite a quaint little place. It doesn't feel very homely though."

"I can never be too careful after that incident. Though I still haven't had time to fine-tune a few things." you said, referring to the protection spells, which were probably the cause of this observation.

"Yes. I understand." Sirzechs replied, not losing his smile. "I was just passing by to invite you to a summit taking place soon. You've become a subject of interest and it would be best if you were there to speak." he kept going, handing you an envelope.

You took it and placed it aside, avoiding any comments. Sirzechs also got up from the couch and began walking, although he wasn't being for the door.

"I also want to propose something."

"What is it?" you replied, realising your hand was gripping something cold in your pocket. Your sling ring.

"I can feel that you have a long life ahead of you. However, that's not the case for your companion." he explained. "My sister happens to have a spot open in her peerage…"

"No thanks." you replied, gritting your teeth.

"It's my wish to help and this would be mutually beneficial. Asia has been banished from the church. And I'm sure you've noticed it, but the world isn't what it's supposed to be."

"Just shut up!" you snapped and realised it wasn't a good idea to lose your cool. Even with all your precautions this man could still defeat you. "I can't make a choice for Asia regardless. Now if you'll excuse me I have a ton of dishes left."