34. Vintage + Valentine

Something super exciting happened today!! Make sure you read my note at the end of this chapter 😍

Jayce had played hooky today, claiming to be sick. The funny part is, he had still dropped me off at school. Teachers had seen him and everything, but he didn't care. He'd just driven off anyway, whooping with excitement about whatever he had planned.

I was worried that I'd get cornered and questioned by someone with authority, but when no teachers approached me, I knew he wouldn't get in trouble. Oh, the perks of being rich and famous.

Today is Valentine's day, which means Jayce and I have been together for a month and a half. An absolutely glorious month and a half.

We'd sweated our guts out while dancing at concerts.

We'd lost our voices from screaming on roller coasters, just to get kicked out of the park later that night.

We'd made out in a looooot of places.

At an away game last weekend, Jayce even had a little "you-had-her-first-but-now-she's-mine" protective showdown with Leo. It was awkward. But kind of fantastic at the same time.

By the time school let out and I'd served a mostly-convincing fib to Coach Cindy about why I wouldn't be at practice today, I'm beyond giddy and nearly bursting with anticipation about what could be in the works for this evening.

My phone dings with a single, red heart from Jayce. I smile down at my phone as I step outside, the winter sun streaming onto my face. A slightly-warm, brisk wind blows, indicating that spring is coming, which is a fact I couldn't be happier about. Looking up at the clear blue sky, I take a deep breath in, letting it refresh me.

The weather is currently in that in-between phase where it's slightly too warm for winter clothes, but not warm enough for short sleeves. Either way, I'm grateful for my sweatshirt.

"Fallon!" I hear Jayce's deep voice call my name

My eyes quickly find his familiar masculine frame, which is striding toward me. His skin looks flawless and golden in the sunlight, and his brilliant smile knocks the wind out of me. His brown eyes drink me in as he approaches. He wraps me in his strong, warm embrace, kissing me sweetly.

"Happy Valentine's Day, love," he whispers in my ear, sending a shiver down my spine.

"Happy Valentine's Day to you," I smile back, already a mess of giggles and butterflies.

"Shall we?" He bends his elbow toward me and gestures to a swoon-worthy car.

It's a vintage Rolls Royce that's waxed to perfection and has shockingly pristine whitewall tires.