-4-

It was a familiar sight for the nurse at the desk. Once again, Gibbs and McGee ran through the sliding doors.

"Can I help you?"

"Yeah," Gibbs said. "Has anyone besides Leroy Jethro Gibbs and Timothy McGee seen Ziva David in room 141?"

"Nope," the lady replied. "You two are the only ones."

McGee sighed. "Thanks." Gibbs and McGee turned and walked out the doors. "Why would Tony not go see Ziva?"

"I don't know, McGee." Gibbs walked to the car and opened the door. "It doesn't make sense. There's got to be a reason." they got in the car and drove back to the Navy yard.

--

I opened my eyes to reveal a dark wooden room. I looked around and saw a small window to my left, and a small opening to my right. Just then a man walked in.

"Oh good, you're awake," the man said, "your friend hasn't woken up yet."

"Tony." I said. "Where is he?"

"Ah, that's his name. Tony." He pondered it for a few seconds. "He just wouldn't shut up. Threatened me with a 'Gibbs.'" He made air quotes with his fingers and laughed.

"Let me see him!" I yelled, trying to stand up. My arms and legs were bound to the wooden chair.

He reached over and pushed on my shoulder. "I think it's better for you to sit."

"Where is Tony? Is he alive?"

"Here."

"Let me see him." I tried to free my arms.

The man took a step closer. "Silence," he said, reaching into his pocket. I felt a sharp stab in my neck and everything was black.

--

McGee sat at his desk. He set his elbow on the top and rested his head on his fist. They weren't with their phones, he thought, or with the car. He sat and pondered this. There was virtually no way to track them. There still weren't any hits on the BOLO. The GPS data was useless. Him and Gibbs decided they were only on I-66 because they had to be; no back roads in that area. They must've forgotten their phones when they went to help the crash victims. But then why would they to have gone back?

Gibbs was down with Abby, and McGee wondered about the other person in the car with Ziva. He decided to call the hospital and see who it is.

"Hello?"

"This is Agent Timothy McGee with NCIS."

"How can I help you, Agent?"

"What is the name of the person in room 147? Brought in earlier this morning after a car crash."

"I shouldn't be telling you this," the nurse started, "doctor patient confidentiality."

"This is crucial for our investigation. We think this person may be involved in the killing of a Petty Officer."

"Okay," the woman said hesitantly. "Let me look." McGee waited anxiously for what seemed like forever. "His name is Shmeil Pinkhas."

"Thank you," McGee replied. "Shmeil," he said. What was it about that name? He couldn't quite put his finger on it. Then it clicked.

"Gibbs!" McGee said.

"Yeah, what's up? We were just finishing up with the car." He looked at Abby.

"The other person in the car with Ziva."

"Yeah, what about him."

"Guess what his name is."

"McGee, you know I hate guessing."

"Shmeil. Shmeil Pinkhas, Ziva's friend from years ago."

"Yeah, I remember him," Gibbs said as he waved to Abby and hit the elevator button.

"I think we should go talk to him since we've come up empty everywhere else."

"Yeah, McGee, already on my way."

"Wh--" McGee turned and saw Gibbs grabbing his gun. "I've got to be quicker," he thought.