-6-

Gibbs never thought driving to his own house would be so nerve racking. He never got nervous, but the fact that two of his agents were being held hostage in his house didn't make it any better. Gibbs pulled into the familiar driveway, followed by Fornell and the SWAT team.

"Gibbs."

"Tobias."

"We're still going in, too, you know."

"Yeah, but me first. He obviously wants to convey a personal message."

"Alright, but we're right behind you," Fornell replied.

Gibbs walked up to the window revealing the living room. He was shocked to find that everything was just how he left it, and no one in sight. He carefully opened the door and allowed Fornell and one SWAT team member to search the first few rooms. They gave Gibbs the okay and he followed them. They cleared the house after searching every room but one: the basement.

Gibbs walked over to the door and placed his hand on it. He didn't hear anyone talking, and his gut told him that there was only one person with his agents. He kept his gun at his side and pushed the door open. It all seemed to be in slow motion. Peering around the stairs, Gibbs saw DiNozzo and bishop sitting at the base of his boat. They sat there, motionless, completely quiet. Then it all came back to him.

Gibbs walked down his basement steps and saw one of his workbench drawers open. He turned and saw him, Ari Haswari, holding his gun. Ari walked in front of him and started talking. He saw him cock the gun. Gibbs took a deep breath.

Bang.

Gibbs turned to the wall. A man stood up from the chair.

"Agent Gibbs," the man said, "Nice of you to finally join us."

Gibbs turned around when he heard a click. Fornell was standing at the doorway aiming straight at the man's head.

"I suggest you lower your weapon. We wouldn't want anyone getting hurt now would we?"

"Cut the crap, Simon," Gibbs demanded. "Why do you have my agents?"

"Ha! I'm not Simon," he replied, "don't you remember me?"

"Who the hell are you?" Gibbs asked fiercely.

"Ray Cruz."

Gibbs quickly recognized the name. "How did you get out of prison?"

"You are underestimating me, Leroy."

"What are you doing here, Ray?"

"I was mad that Ziva ended things. I was in town and I saw here and another person in the car. I just wanted to talk to her but she just suddenly stopped and I accidentally hit the car. Then Tony and some chick came by--"

"And you held them at gunpoint, forced them to drive away, stole the car that is sitting outside, and are now holding them hostage in my basement," Gibbs finished.

"Very good," Ray continued, "I see you can do your job."

Gibbs was getting very frustrated. "Let them go."

"Can't. They'll be out for another," he looked at his watch, "hm, twenty minutes."

"Cut the crap, Ray. I know you murdered Pang and then hit Ziva."

"Very good again."

"What'd you have against him?"

"Well, back in 2012 when I killed Burris, I had also wanted to kill Pang. So, I got out of jail and finished the job."

Fornell, standing in the doorway, said, "you sick, twisted man."

"Use your words wisely, Tobias."

Once again, everything was in slow motion. Ray pulled up the gun and aimed it at Fornell. Gibbs placed his hand over his gun then formed his grip over the handle. He pulled it up to his chest and Ray was hit. He fell back, blood flowing out of his forehead. Gibbs stepped over and softly kicked the gun away from Ray's hand. He bent down and felt for a pulse, but there was none.

"He's dead, Fornell."

"Good. And your agents?"

Gibbs walked over to them and placed two fingers on Tony's neck, then Bishop's. "They're still alive."

"Call Ducky."

Gibbs quickly dialed Ducky's number.

"This is Dr. Mallard."

"Ducky."

"Jethro! Did you find Eleanor and Anthony?"

"Yeah, we did."

"Where are they?"

"My basement."

"Oh goodness! Are they okay?"

"Unconscious. We need you to come over and get Simon, er, Ray's body."

"I'll be there."

Gibbs hung up. Fornell had called for paramedics for DiNozzo and Bishop. Gibbs started pacing anxiously, then turned to face his agents. They were both sitting peacefully, back to back, in chairs. Their arms and legs were tied down, leaving them completely helpless. The next fifteen minutes felt like an eternity. Tony woke up first. Gibbs stood to the side and watched as he looked around the room.

"Tony."

"Wh-" Tony started. He looked anxious. He stood up, nearly falling, and saw Ellie behind him.

"Tony, it's me, Gibbs."

"What happened? The last thing I remember is being told to drive into the woods. Then I went black."

"You were kidnapped and taken to my basement."

"Who?"

"Ray Cruz."

"CI Ray? But why?"

"He killed Pang. He was mad that Ziva cut him off. He must've gotten nervous when you two showed up."

"How's Ziva?"

"She's in a coma."

"Oh my gosh..." Tony trailed off. "Can I see her?"

"After you get checked out. The medics should be here soon."

"Bishop hasn't woken up yet, has she?"

"No," Gibbs replied.