Walk

I woke up an hour before Bucky, and just laid by his side. He started to pet me, so I rolled over and started licking his face. "Good morning, do you want to go for a walk?" Bucky asked me, I responded by getting out of bed and grabbing my vest.

"Okay, let me get dressed and we will go for a walk." He replied. He got dressed and put my vest on me. He grabbed my leash by the door. I pushed the button before he could. We waited a few when it opened to reveal Steve. I wagged my tail excitedly at him as he petted me.

"Going for a walk?" Steve asked Bucky.

"Yes, we are. May we join walk to the park with you?" Bucky asked.

Steve replied," I wouldn't mind some company."

The elevator doors opened, and I ran out of the elevator and sat by the door. Bucky came over and attached the leash. We walked out of the building, and Steve took off at a jog.

We got to the park and Bucky took my leash off. He put the leash in his pocket and walked around the pond. I followed him and saw Steve not far off from our location. He was almost to our location when he slowed down to a walk. I walked a little faster than Steve.

"Want to race?" He asked Bucky.

"Sure...Punk." He replied and started running.

I ran beside them and pulled ahead. I was at least 1 yard ahead when I heard a woman yelling, "Angela, where are you?" She sobbed softly.

I stopped in my tracks and looked at her. I walked over to her and smelled her. I fought her scent and started sniffing for a similar scent. The scent led behind the bushes so I ran into them.

I found a small child crying. I went up to her and licked her face. She looked up at me and said, "Can you help me find my mommy?"

I barked and laid down. She was lighter than expected as she got on my back. I ran out of the bushes and followed my scent back to the woman.

When I got back to the woman, I laid down on the ground a few feet away from her. Angela got off my back and said, "Mommy!"

The woman looked up and said, "Angela! OH MY GOSH! I can't believe you are safe." She looked over at me and saw my vest. She saluted me, I sat up and barked.

"Starbucks! Where are you?" Bucky said from the other side of the park in the grass.

Steve was beside him, looking for my all black, three legged form. He said something to Bucky, and they both headed straight towards me. The little girl came back to me and gave me a hug. "I am so sorry. I should have kept her on leash." Bucky said as he approached.

He hadn't seen the little girl still hugging me. "No, that is quite alright. She found my little girl and brought her back to me. She has not only saved me and my team twice from POW camps, but she has brought back my little Angel." She said. "Commander Beth Charleston, 13th squadron of the Navy SEALs." She says holding out her hand.

Bucky takes her hand, " Sergeant James 'Bucky' Barnes. Army, 107th regiment." Then he said, "This is Captain Steve Rogers, also 107th regiment." She takes Steve's hand.

"This is Angela." She says while pointing at the little girl. "Hello!" She said while letting go of me.

Bucky got down on the ground, "Hello, do you want to know a secret?" He asked. The little girl nodded excitedly.

"You just met Captain America and the Winter Soldier, as well as their hero." The little girl squealed with joy and gave them both hugs.

Cliff hanger!!!!
Okay guys, I know a lot of you have read this book, and have voted for it. Just wanted to let you all know that I appreciate all the support and I thank you for helping to make this book in the top five for #dogs.
~A