Arrival

Amara's POV

I listened to my father Lord Eddard Stark of Winterfell as he told me and my siblings that King Robert Baratheon was coming to Winterfell .

He would arrive later on this day with the rest of the royal family . I shared the same not so happy look as Robb as neither of us was a big fan of the Lannister's and I knew deep down my father wasn't fond of them either .

However Arya was just excited to meet the knights and Sansa shared the excitement but for very different reasons like meeting the Prince Joffrey , the queen and the royal family .

Just like Arya I didn't like wearing dresses and preferred fighting . I trained with my twin brother Robb and Jon who is biologically are half brother but I treat and see him as a proper brother unlike Sansa who refuses to call him anything but her half brother or the bastard of the family .

Much to my displeasure my mother insisted I wear a dress as I need to look presentable in front of the royal family rather than wearing what I usually wear which I guess I could see where she was coming from .

The dress was beautiful it was a dark grey which made my skin stand out and was rather plain which I was thankful for but it wasn't particularly comfortable.

Once I was ready I went outside and stood imbertween Robb and Sansa . Robb smiled where as Sansa just looked at my dress as if in shock I actually agreed to wear one .

"where's your sister?"
Father asked Sansa

Sansa just shrugged like she didn't care about Arya's whereabouts . Arya came running in front of us with a knights helmet on she must've gone to watch the knights arrive .

Father took the helmet of Arya's head as she stood in the small gap between Bran and Sansa whilst telling them to move .

We all was silent as the King , the knights ,the kings guard , the prince , and the carriage came to a stop.

A rather fat man which I presume is the king walked towards my family or more specifically to my father whilst booming

"Neddd you've got fat"

I tried my hardest not to chuckle a this and in result my face must've looked ridiculous . As the insult was extremely hypocritical as the King was at least double the size of my father and looked nothing like the heroic figure my father had told us about in the stories as the king looked anything but heroic .

My father looked him up and down as if to say likewise they then laughed off the tension like the old friends we were all told they were .

"Catelyn! How are ya ?"

The king bellowed . He moved onto Robb and said

"you must be Robb"

Next was my turn . He looked at me sadly and said

"you look just like her"

I instantly knew he meant my Aunt Lyanna . He moved onto Sansa . I stopped listening as he inspected the rest of my siblings as I felt someone staring at me .

I saw Cersei Lannister staring right at me . Her facial expression was unreadable as I continued to stare right back at her but our somewhat staring contest was interupted as Robert said

"Ned I would like to see her"

Cersei seemed to grit her teeth at this and said

"surely the dead can wait my love"

Robert ignored her as my father took Robert to Lyanna's grave down in the crypts. I looked towards Sansa who was blushing and grinning at the Prince Joffrey who was smirking back at her probably amused that Sansa is already swooning at his feet , I rolled my eyes at my naive sister .

The feast

I sat next to Robb throughout the feast . I wanted to ask him why he thought the king had travelled here but I knew this was no time to ask with so many people around .

I noticed how the King was drunk and snogging random whores . I felt kind off bad for the Queen as this must be humiliating for her and judging by her face she was extremely annoyed . Honestly I can't blame her as I would be too if it was me in that situation .

My eyes locked with my mothers face as she was clearly gesturing that I come up and introduce myself to the Queen .

I confidently walked towards the Queen and my mother as I wasn't going to let her intimidate me like she intimidated so many others .

The Queen's eyes fell upon mine . Judging by her face she was expecting me to start so I said

"I'm Amara Stark , your grace"

"your a beauty aren't you"

She said 'sweetly' but she clearly wasn't one for been nice and was clearly a manipulative person , She's a Lannister after all however two can play at that game so I simply said

"nothing compared to you your grace"

However I wasn't exactly lying as compared to Cersei I was nothing . My mother had now left most likely towards my father .

I looked towards where Cersei's annoyed gaze was and as I expected it was at Robert snogging yet again another whore , I felt bad for her .

"He doesn't deserve you , your grace"

Cersei looked shocked that someone had actually insulted Robert in defence of her , she replied

"what do you mean?"

"I mean he doesn't deserve you and he shouldn't be kissing random whores right in front of your face and out in public it's dishonourable "

"Your right it is humiliating but I can't exactly tell him not to can I ? He is king after all"

She muttered emphasizing the word king .

"I'm sick of seeing that oaf with other women will you take me to my chambers for the night"

"of course your grace"

"no need to call me that"

I raised my eyebrow up at her in curiosity , she then said

"call me Cersei"

"of course if you want . Here are your chambers . Goodnight your gra— Cersei"

"goodnight Amara"

I was shocked at myself for how much I enjoyed my conversation with the queen but I quickly reminded myself that she was obviously a manipulative person and a Lannister .