Chapter Two: Rose

Authors Note:

There wasn't (at this point) any votes or comments for the first chapter, but I've only had it up for two days so no big deal:))) That and I write to write not for votes or comments, I actually would like honest comments to help or improve my writing:) Sure having loads of votes and comments would be wonderful but just a bonus to writing:)))

So like I've said before, write a comment to let me know what you think and vote if you like what you've read:))

Oh and the chapters wont all be in Rose's pov (point of view) Violet and Rose are the main characters but so far the first two chapters are in Rose's pov, have no fear the third chapter will be in Violets pov:)))

Chapter Two: Rose

            With a little pushing I finally got Violet to go find her friends as I raced over to my campus, I had two minutes to get from my car to the class room! I should be able to make it, I just hope that the professor decided to get a coffee at the café like he usually did. Knowing my luck he would have already brought his coffee or on some diet kick starting and ending today! My back pack seemed to pull me backwards as I ran towards the classroom. The campus was huge and beautiful like most of Washington, green and clean. I had always lived in Washington, I didn’t mind the simpleness of Renton or how everyone pretty much knew everyone.

            The classroom came into view and I ripped the door open, sighing in relief I didn’t see the professor, I did see however a classroom full of college eyes staring at me like I was a freak. I wasn’t very social at college, I wasn’t part of a sorority or some pledge thing! I went to my class, took notes, did my exams and aced them! I just wanted to get through college so I could make a bigger salary and help couples with their children! But college wasn’t like high school, it was worse, in high school there had been people like me; people who wanted to get somewhere! At college, or at least at mine, the mean girls were meaner and the jocks had just went to the gym some more and somehow managed to get into my college.

            No matter how many stares I got, or how many remarks I heard as I passed them making it to my seat in the middle row, an empty row all to myself. I still held my head level and spread my books and spiral note pads with my pens, high lighters all over the place taking up four desks. Today we should be taking more notes and possible a quiz, I got out my notes from the past couple days and stacked them from their dates. My Anatomy & Physiology II book was at the edge of one of the desk, I went to grab it but my foot hit the bottom leg of one of the desk and the book fell with a thud on the ground on the next isle. I knew my face was turning red from frustration, this day was getting old!

            “Here.”  I looked up at the face who had said this; it was a guy that always sat in front of me, he’d say hi and hello every once in a while but it was the only gesture he ever made. I met his clear face with growing facial hair and a thick mane of brown hair gelled back. His hazel eyes seemed nice enough, he seemed like one of those nice guys that just want to be friends.

            “Thanks.” I said reaching out to take the book, our fingers touched briefly and I sat back in my chair as the professor flew in the door. The professor was old, well into his seventies with a large grey beard and spots of hair on his head.

            “Get into pairs!” He yelled eccentrically, I gulped, I hated this, and it was always awkward five minutes as everyone looked around grabbing for their best friend or boyfriend. I on the other hand just looked for someone who looked semi normal and didn’t have talk much, it was awkward the first two minutes but once we buckled down to the project and broke the work in half everything was okay. I was looking around trying to find someone that didn’t already have a partner when something distracted me;