// thirty nine //

guess who is back and has done her mocks
this bitch
sorry it's taken so long, school has been really busy and then i didn't have wifi for quite a few weeks so i was using my data sparingly because i don't have much per month
but it's here now!!!!
this is car journey from starbucks to the flat in brighton is hugo's pov - i thought another outsider's perspective part could be cool so here it is!

///

and so they stopped off for a little break at starbucks. god knows hugo needed it, and so did lorcan. and hugo would anything for lorcan (he was so bloody in love with him, sickening really).

maybe it wasn't really for a piss, but teddy and jamie didn't need to know that. maybe it was because hugo really wanted to kiss lorcan away from the eyes of teddy and jamie. those two were every lovers' nightmare.

for hugo, love was wonderful. it was finally being free, to be able to express how he felt, after decades of people fought for him to be able to love lorcan. love was extraordinary. but it appeared that jamie and teddy didn't share that same passion. for them, it seemed shameful, as if they shouldn't be feeling like this. it was contaminated with fear. and with every second in that car, this fear mixed with tension grew, and so did hugo's desire to break the silence and ask what the problem even was.

he'd gathered that jamie was ignoring teddy, and his need to know why was killing him. but there was a time and a place for being a nosey bugger and this wasn't one of them. he'd find out when it was necessary for him to know. and he respected that teddy had trusted lorcan, and that lorcan was keeping teddy's private life, well, private.

but back to starbucks. it was a good idea by lorcan to stop off in attempt defuse the tension. hugo could only hope that it would work. even if it didn't, starbucks was warm and cosy compared to the coldness of the car. and they got to get drinks, which was always a bonus.

once they'd sat down with jamie at a table, leaving teddy still in the queue waiting for his drink, hugo turned to his boyfriend and asked, "you okay, baby?"

"yeah, don't worry." lorcan slid his hand into hugo's and nodded.

hugo brought his hand up to cup lorcan's cheek, running the pad of his thumb across such. he felt lorcan lean into the touch, a small gesture but it made hugo's heart flutter. even after over a year of dating, lorcan could send tidal waves of emotions through him. not being able to resist, he leant across the table and placed a gentle kiss on lorcan's lips. "i love you so goddamn much."

"there's a chance i love you too." lorcan smiled, and hugo loved how he joked, even about the simplest things. it never failed to make him laugh.

he hummed, "what are the odds of that chance?"

"very, very likely." lorcan whispered and titled his chin so their lips connected again. and believe hugo, it was rather difficult to prevent this kiss from becoming a make out session.

he wanted to carry on, but reality settled in and hugo realised they weren't in their own private bubble; they were in a starbucks in the middle of god knows where, an hour away from home and an hour away from brighton. hugo's cousin was sat next to them, waiting for his best friend/hookup (who he was in an argument with). it might've not been the best place to have a snog. hugo really didn't want to be that pda couple, but sometimes he couldn't help but express his love for his boyfriend, no matter who was watching.