3 // My dearest, // heavy angst

(angst, warnings: hanging, execution, suicide)
(Im sorry)
(y/n's pov.)

I was in the small cell of the dungeon, sobbing.
It was the day of Asra's execution.

"Please, please Asra" I pleaded, sobbing onto him.

"I'm sorry y/n" He says, prying me off of him and using his free hand, placing faust on my shoulders, then, unhooking the charm around his neck, and placing it around mine.

Faust slithered under my shirt, unable to look at Asra.

I fidgeted with the charm, staring at it, i could feel his energy in it.
"n-no" i mumbled, my voice trembling.

Muriel was behind me, trying not to show emotion, but failing miserably as he wiped tears from his eyes.

Heads turned towards the door as Nadia rushed in, her heels clicking on the ground, immediately embracing Asra.

"Asra im so sorry, I tried to get them to cancel it but they wouldnt and-"
He cut her off, letting go and placing a hand on her shoulder in comfort.
"Nadi, its okay, the people voted, its not your fault." He stated calmly.
Asra was the most calm through all of this, everyone else was crying and sobbing.

Nadia backed away slowly, and was hugging me tightly, trying to comfort me, but no amount of comfort could stop how im feeling right now, despite that, i wrap one of my arms around her aswell, no emotion placed on my face but pure numbness.

"Its- Its time to go" she whispered into my shoulder, starting to drag me away.

"No, NO!" i sob, thrashing until breaking free and running up to asra, grabbing his face with both hands and connecting our lips, i wrap my arms around his neck, kissing him for the last time, though it felt like the first all over again.

"I love you" i mutter, as nadia prys me off of him, and hugs me tightly as she drags me out of the dungeon.

~Tiny time skip brought to you by the undying pain i feel writing this im sorry.~

Before i know it, i was up with nadia, in her booth, she was hugging me tightly, and tears havent stopped flowing.

She continuously apologized as the top of her head pressed against my arm, but i couldn't take my eyes off of asra, as his requested song started to play, he walked to the middle of the stadium.

I quickly recognise the song, which only causes more tears.
it was "who lives, who dies, who tells your story" from hamilton.
That was our first date, he took me to see hamilton on broadway.

Faust was wrapped around my left arm, looking away from asra, she couldnt watch.

I was sobbing, unable to hear the crowd over my screams.

I watched asra step on a stool, and place the rope around his neck.

He reaches his arm out to me and mouths eliza's.
"And when my time is up, have i done enough, will they tell our story"

"NO!" I scream, but he just smiles at me in a way that said "its gonna be okay" but i knew it wasnt.

As the end of the song nears, i see him say something, and despite the distance between us, i could swear i heard it, it sounded so clear in my ears, still reaching his arm out, he says his final words.

"I love you, my dearest, y/n"
And he jumped, i screamed louder than i knew i could as the rope snapped his neck and his body went limp, his arm falling to his side.

I tried to run down but nadia held me down, looking away, but i could only stare.

This cant be happening
I cant live without him.

1 week later (im so sorry.)

"Y/n L/n, apprentice of asra the magician, who was hung last week, was pronounced dead this saturday, found hanging in their shop with a note that simply said-"

I cant wait to see you again,
its only a matter of time.
i love you asra,
im sorry.

"Hello y/n"

A/N
I regret my entire life.
im sorry this hurt
far too much.
im sobbing im genuinely sorry.