Prologue

Ever since Kacchan ditched me for UA, I have been making better use of my time. I used to fawn over so called "heroes" placing them up on pedestals, basically worshipping them. That's not me anymore. Heroes got stale after a while; always ranting about justice, and helping those in need. 

I scoffed. They never helped me when I was in need. When I was standing on the edge, literally, when I was about to end it all, it wasn't a hero who saved me. It was a villain, and he didn't disguise his reasons with fake little "I care about you" or "you have so much to live for" statements. Kurogiri had simply teleported  him in front of one Tomura Shigaraki.  He had sighed at him and said, 

"Don't start thinking I saved you out of compassion or anything. You would've been a horrid mess to clean up. Seriously if your going to kill yourself do it in front of someone else's house." Deku was entirely confused, just a second ago he was plummeting to the ground, and now he is being reprimanded for his location of suicide? His confusion turned to anger. 

"You should've let me fall." he said quietly. 

Tomura shook his head, "Like I said, not on my doorstep kid" 

That day had changed everything.  I never met a person, who just didn't care before. In an odd sense it was relieving, like he could breathe better around him. He was so used to everyone pitying or bullying him, it felt so nice to know someone who could care less. The man had turned around and was about to enter the door, to which he assumed was his house, Deku's breathing hitched, 

"Wait!" He said.

The man had turned to look at him, interest showing.

"Before you leave, what is your name?" Deku waited, wondering if this guy would tell him.

A small grin was on the older males face, "Tomura, Tomura Shigaraki." The door slammed shut leaving Deku sitting alone and bewildered in the middle of the street.

I had gone through alot that day, my emotions whirling around. I no longer had the feeling of death hanging over me, I was still livid at Kacchan and UA, I still had a newfound distaste for heroes, but the constant sadness was gone. It confused me. I had been clinging onto that feeling for so long, and it had left, making me feel more alone than I had before. I wasn't going to try suicide again, but I still didn't see the point of living if I didn't have a purpose. So, I did what any 16 year old kid would do. I went home to my mother for a good meal, and some advice. 

I hadn't taken two steps into my house before she was smothering me with hugs. I really do love her, she keeps me grounded. Guilt ached in my chest, knowing that if I had died the effects it would have on her. I shoved the feelings away and plastered on a smile. 

"I missed you too mom" I say, chuckling at her overwhelming showing of affection.

"Oh Izuku I have missed you so much! " she said tearing up. "Don't ever leave like that again! I know UA means alot to you Izuku, but you can't just run off! Where have you been the past two days?"  

I hug her, and rest my chin on her shoulder. "I'm sorry mom, I know I shouldn't have left without telling you, but I just needed some time to think, Okay?" I stand straighter looking into her eyes, she had been crying a lot. (Weak) a voice inside me says and I shake the thought away. She is just worried about me.  She nods her head and wipes away some tears. 

"Okay Izuku, I'm glad that you feel better now, just tell me if you ever do that again." I nod solemnly. 

Our dinner together was quiet, the whole evening was quiet. I went to go to bed early, and as I opened the door, my failure was plastered on the walls. All Might, UA, and promotional Hero posters, figurines, autographs and such are everywhere. I walk up to a poster of All Might with the saying "Be Your Own Hero" I run my hand across it. These used to fill me with joy, but now all I felt was betrayal.  I rip the poster down, I grab all my hero paraphernalia, and shove it into a shoe box. A sour feeling spread itself over my heart as I carried the box outside  and lit it on fire. I watched it burn, slowly at first, but I soon had nothing but a plastic box of ash, and melted plastic. It filled me with strange kind of euphoria, it was thrilling.

I went to bed with a smile on my face and peaceful sleep ensued.