Chapter 2

(Play Music Above, here)

By the time Diane pulls into the driveway, she feels refreshed and ready to dig into those crispy eggrolls with sweet duck sauce. Diane gathers Maggie and ushers her into the house, when she notices that Aaron has turned on the classical music, set the table, poured himself a glass of wine, and poured her a glass of sparkling lime-flavored club soda. 

Aaron and Diane sit down for dinner and catch up, asking each other about their days.

Diane admires Aaron, and says, "How was your day at your office?"

Aaron is a partner, lawyer and co-founder of King, Prince, and Jones Law Firm. Aaron expertly uses chopsticks to eat his chicken Lo-Mein. "It was great, very productive. How was your procedure this afternoon?" 

     Diane smiles a large grin, thinking about how she helped Arthur today. "It was a success. He needed a pacemaker, and the procedure went well. He is going to have a full recovery, and I am so glad. He is a really nice man with a wonderful family and three grandchildren." Aaron interrupts with a large grin and a childish glint in his eyes, "Of course, as usual. My wife, doctor extraordinaire."

     Diane laughs loudly and says, "I only hope that I can be as good a mother as I am a doctor." Aaron's voice holds so much confidence and love. "I have no doubt in mind that you will be a great mother. We're a great team and we'll be fantastic parents." Diane smiles and gets lost into the tension that is inside her mind.

Diane looks into Aaron's blue eyes, warmly and says, "By the way, Thomas spoke to me today about my plans for maternity leave. I think this is something we should discuss. What do you think?"

Aaron relaxes. "I am excited for our new baby and I will support any decision you make. But tonight, can we just sit here, enjoy each other's company and this delicious Chinese food. Can we talk about this over the weekend? I know how important this is to both of us, and I want us to really take the time to talk this through."

Diane nods and smiles adoringly with her hand on her stomach. Diane thinks Maybe I should relax and enjoy my pregnancy. I hope we have many more nights like this with our baby. I can see how excited and ready Aaron is to be a father, just as I am excited in becoming a mother. 

*All music is found on youtube*