6. The Practice

Damien's POV

"One."

"Two"

"Three"

"Again"

The kids groaned from exhaustion while I tried to hold in my laugh, this wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. "How much longer Marina?", a kid, I had yet to know his name, moaned and dropped to the floor because of his shaky hands.

"Just a bit more come on guys", I told them, hoping to boost their confidence. The next 5 minutes was filled with panting and moaning, and not the dirty kind, get your head out of the gutter! When they had finally finished their final rep as a team, low cheers could be heard throughout the club with the kids happy that they were final done. "Alright guys, five minute break and then we start with drills.", the girl that I first saw who I now know as Mina told the kids. A collective groan was heard again and the kids rushed to get as much water in their system, and to finish talking with their friends. I took this as a sign that I was done as Mina was already tying her hair up to teach drills. Mina spoke up, startling me,"Hey, as soon as i'm done with the kids you're updating me on this secret guy that you "don't" like."

A Guy?! I never thought Marina would ever like someone, she had basically gone through all of high school without one boyfriend. "Um ok I guess, but you're not really going to get a lot from me," I told her hoping that she would think I was joking with her.

"HAH! It wouldn't be normal if I did get something out of you, I've been trying to get his name out of you for months now!", Months?! she laughed, turning around to focus on the kids who were completely rejuvenated, acting as if they hadn't just spent an hour doing the hardest work-out known to man. Man, fencing kids are weird. Marina just kept on surprising me. I sat there for the about an hour watching the athletes as they performed their drills, after half an hour, I was starting to get bored so I looked down at Marina's phone. the phone immediately recognized my face and unlocked. My mind was split. Should I open her phone? wouldn't that be an invasion of privacy? Would it be ok to see if she had any apps on her phone? I wouldn't be looking into her personal life just looking for something to help with my boredom. I opened her phone and set out to find any games I could play. The first thing I saw was her social media apps, Instagram and Snapchat was understandable but the absence of Twitter left me astounded. Who at our school doesn't have Twitter? I'm pretty sure I even follow all her friends on the app. Deciding tht I would ask her at a later time, I opened her Instagram. Wow great job respecting Marina'a privacy. Hey! Instagram is far from private. I pushed my thoughts aside and scrolled through her feed and wasn't surprised when I saw that most of her feed was taken up by students from Palm Valley. What did surprise me was the two DM request she had gotten asking from two different guys. I had immediately recognized the guys from the football team of our rival school and knew I couldn't pass up the opportunity of pranking them.

Guy #1: Hey babe couldn't help but notice how gorgeous you are ;)

Marina : Awww ur too sweet

Guy #1: nothing but facts, how about we see each other face-to-face and see if this connection we have can lead to more?

I cringed at the bullshit this guy was spewing, who would ever fall for anything he said.

Marina: Amazing idea. how about Café Sol at 12?

Guy #1: can't wait

I couldn't stop the smirk that was forming on my face. The egos of these guys would definitely be bruised. I moved onto the second dickhead that thought they had a chance with my girl. WAIT WHAT?! Shaking my head to get rid of my thoughts I opened the chat.