VII. Wildflowers

After I finished my tasks for the day, I went straight to the stables. We were going on a little adventure. I had been planning this hacking for so long. Just me and Han. No saddle, no bit. I had to sneak out because Hideyoshi would have never let me go alone.

As I rode across the town, people on the streets were staring at us. They whispered to each other and pointed at us. To be honest, we must have been quite an unusual sight, a woman riding alone, bareback. They probably thought I was a weirdo or a witch. I even got the stare of disapproval for wearing my riding pants. I wonder how people would have looked at me if I didn't wear pants. We headed to the nearby forest. We took a path that led to a shrine. I wasn't religious but said a prayer. I asked for good luck and happiness for me and my warlords.

Later we found a field covered in a thick blanket of colourful wildflowers as far as the eyes could see. It was the most eye-catching sight. I hopped off and let Han go. I imagined how appetizing all that grass and flowers looked to him. So I let him have fun and munch. He galloped away and kicked out to the sky. He snorted, neighed and shook his head like a little foal. He was definitely having fun. I laughed as I watched him fooling around. After a while he came back to me in a bouncy trot, his tail up like a flag. He stopped a few meters away from me and took a bite from the high grass.

I lied down in the sea of flowers and inhaled their incredible fragrance. I stretched my limbs and sighed. This place is so dreamy... I wonder if there are any ticks here, maybe I shouldn't be lying in the grass. Lyme-disease is no fun even in the future. Have I even been vaccinated against it? I'm sure I would die a hideous death if I caught it in this era... I heard Han stomp somewhere, flies must have been annoying him. Blades of grass tickled my face and I giggled.

I looked around and examined the different species of plants around me. I didn't recognise any of them. Could it be because Japan consists of islands and thus it is ecologically isolated from the main land? Or is it just because I am so far away from my home where I actually know plants? Or because I'm 500 years in the past? I wonder how much a species can change in 500 years? Would there be a visible difference or just genetic?

I noticed a brown butterfly on a white flower. It was a pity that I sucked so much at identifying different butterfly species. But probably it was another species that only lived in Japan. When it opened its wings... It black and royal blue. Those were Masamune's colours. I think he would like this place. Maybe next time, I'll ask him to come with me... I yawned and slowly fell asleep thinking about him.

...

Han woke me up. He nuzzled my face and dropped a handful of sloppy, half eaten grass on me. 'Eww! Thanks!' I swept off myself and sat up. I scratched his jaw and planted a kiss between his nostrils. He lied down to roll around. I watched my goofy little stallion. He stayed down on his side and snorted. I crawled to him and rested my head on his neck. I scratched behind his ears and watched the clouds pass by. Now Han fell asleep. I was happy... I was grateful to Masamune for giving him to me. I remembered, I wanted to thank him properly. I think he would be pleased with another kiss... As a matter of fact, I would be pleased with another kiss too. But I should think of something permanent... Nothing came to my mind, only him. I am thinking about him more than I should lately. As I admired all those pretty flowers around us, I got an idea.

'Do you know what, darling? We need matching hairstyles!' Han whipped his tail. Does it mean he likes my idea? Unlikely... I chuckled.

I braided his mane. Then I braided mine loosely. I picked some flowers and decorated our manes with them. 'Now, we are almost as pretty as this meadow. Also, we should go back now. Hideyoshi must have got at least two heart attacks by now.'

I took a route back to the castle that avoided the town. I didn't want to be pointed at again. The first thing I noticed was Hideyoshi pacing at the gate. 'Geez, we are going to be rebuked, Han.' I wasn't looking forward to it. Hideyoshi was so caring and sweet but sometimes he was unreasonably overprotective. 'So, what do you think? Should we run for it or accept our fate?' I sighed. 'I would have got that scolding anyway.'

'Excuse me, just who do you think you are? Sneaking out and going alone who knows were?! Do you have any idea how dangerous that is? And why can't you ride in a saddle like everyone else?' I wasn't even there and he was already shouting at me... I rolled my eyes and tried to ignore him. 'Do not dare to ignore me! You are so irresponsible and reckless and...' His mouth fell open when I rode past him '...beautiful.' He mumbled.

'What?' Did I hear it right?

'Your hair...' His expression turned soft.

'Oh, yeah. Haha, I made us matching hair. Do you like it?' I giggled awkwardly 'I know, it's silly.'

'You look like you just stepped out from a fairy tale.' Hideyoshi's smile was heart warmingly gentle. Does he really mean it?

'You won't get away with this. Tomorrow, we'll have a serious talk.' Now he was pissed off again but turned around and hurried away.

Masamune was leaning against a wall. I didn't even notice him until now. He looked cool as ever. He walked up to me and stopped Han by putting a hand on the bridge of his nose.

'So here is our missing princess!' Just seeing him made my heart skip a beat.

'I'm not a princess.' He grabbed my waist and pulled me off the horse and caught me is his arms. I automatically laced my fingers together behind his neck.

'You are right. You look more like a forest fairy.' Our lips were so close, I could just... My heart was beating fast now and my face felt hot.

'Also, I was not missing. We went on an adventure. We went to a shrine in the forest and found a field full of pretty flowers. And I saw a butterfly that reminded me of you.'

'Really? How so?' His gaze was kind and soft.

'Its wings were brown just like your hair. But when it opened them, they were black and royal blue.'

'I see.'

'I can walk, thank you.' His cologne was so attractive and masculine. I had to resist my primal instincts.

'I know. But I couldn't take it if something hurt those sweet little feet.' That smile... He is a heartthrob and he knows it.

'Oh, no! I lost my sandals! Again!' I acted like I fainted. I was dangling in his arms. 'Those were the third pair in a month! I'm such a moron. I must have left them somewhere in the meadow. I'll never find them.'

I made him laugh. Even his laugh was utterly sexy. Or maybe I was just losing my mind.

He took me to the entrance and put me down on the wooden floor but kept his hands on my waist and I kept my arms around his neck too. I was swimming in his ocean blue eye. He pulled me closer.

'Thanks, I guess. Anyway, why are you here?'

'Hideyoshi has been furious ever since he found out that you had left without permission. I wanted to see the grand scene.' He pulled out a flower from my hair and sniffed it. 'But it was a bit disappointing.'

'I apologise for disappointing you. ' I giggled. 'In fact, I should apologise to him as well.'

'Yes, you should. ' His deep and sexy murmur thrilled me. I caressed his neck. He got goosebumps.

'Well, I can't blame him. He was bewitched by your beauty. Who wouldn't be?' He pinned the flower behind my ear and leaned closer. The tip of my nose touched his. I was yearning his kiss. My heart was pounding. Is he going to kiss me? Please, do! I was already on my tippy-toes, eyes half closed when I remembered, where we were. I pulled away without hesitation. Someone might see us.

'Ehm... Now, if you excuse me, I'll retire to my room. See you!' I bowed and left him there. I didn't realise I was running. I could barely contain myself.

When I got to my room, I collapsed on my futon. I needed release... My fingers glided up on my inner thigh... I was thinking about him as I pleasured myself. Heat flooded me from head to toe when I pictured him touching my bare skin... I gasped for air when I imagined him moving in me... I dug my fingers in my hair and tugged on the sheets with my teeth... I was about climax... My body was on fire, I was sweating, my heart was racing, my back arched... 'Aahh, Masamune!'