1: His Dream

He was silently crying under the shade of a tree on a hot sunny day. Every child near his age went home, and that, he was alone in the park near the church. His sweat covered almost his body but he didn't care. His knee was bleeding and hurting but he didn't care.

All he could care of were the words from those who bullied him awhile ago. My mother said that your mom left because he doesn't love you and your father, the bully said after he had pushed him on the sand bar which had caused his knees to bleed.

He tried to defend himself but he was overpowered by the bullies. They wouldn't listen to him so he shut his mouth. They all laughed at him as they sing, she hates you, over and over again until they were gone.

As a child, those words made a big impact on his heart.

Why did mother have to leave without saying anything, he asked himself. He hated her.

"She's selfish," he said angrily as he wiped the snots on his sleeves.

"Who's selfish?"

He screamed and bumped his back on the tree making an ackk sound like he got choked by his tongue.

It was a girl who was smaller than him, he couldn't see her face but she had missing teeth. "Hi!" She smiled wider. "What's your name?" She had said her name between those words but he couldn't hear her.

He didn't bother to ask her to repeat her name and decided to ignore the girl who was kneeling in front of him. To his surprise, the girl did not speak. She'll go away if I continue to ignore her, he thought. He was staring at the sand bar when the girl touched his wound. Quickly pulling his wounded knee nearer to him he glared at her.

"What do you want?" he asked fighting not to cry in front of a girl at the sudden pain.

"I healed you," she said.

Understanding what she said he looked at his knee and was now covered with pink color band-aid with cat prints. It wasn't properly put but most of the wound was covered.

"What's your name?" She asked again.

Staring at the band-aid then to the girl, he answered, "Calvin."

"Calvin," she repeated. "Now we can be friends." She stood up and offered her hand. Without knowing he took her hand and was pulled to stand. "My father says to me that if someone did something nice to you they are already your friends."

Someone called her and again he couldn't hear what her name. At the entrance of the park, there was a tall man wearing a cap looking towards them.

"My father is calling me, I have to go," she said sadly and then smiled as she holds both of his hands. "I'll see you tomorrow, Calvin." She then ran to her father. She and her father waved at him goodbye before disappearing on the street.

     The next day was raining. Calvin assumed that the girl will not come, yet he was at the park hoping her to come. The rain didn't much stop for an hour that made him lost hope. When he was about to step out of the dome where he took cover from the rain he saw the small girl in a blue transparent raincoat with cat ears. She was waiting under the tree all along.

     He called her, "Hey!" When she saw him she smiled brightly and ran towards him making splashes of mud on her way. Calvin couldn't help but smile at the sight of his new friend. They went inside the dome and waited for the rain to stop so they could play.

     As they wait the girl taught him a secret handshake. It took ten times to not miss out the steps. Both of them laughing and smiling as they performed the secret handshake together.

     The rain began to become soft until it was gone and left the smell of rain and soil. Both of them played all day, making mudman, mud castle and even throwing muds at each other. Calvin with a worm on his hand chased his friend who screamed on the top of her lungs. The both of them told stories but most of the story was her's, he doesn't want his friend to know that her mother left him for an unknown cause. And he was contented in listening to her stories.

Calvin was suddenly sad when she told him that she and her father was just visiting her grandfather and will have to go back to their home in a week.

Realizing the sudden quietness of Calvin she placed her mudded hands on his face to make him looked at her. "Don't be sad," she said but she was also sad. "I promise you I'll come back."

She also promised that she'll play with him again tomorrow.

The next day she didn't come. Then the next day and the next.

He stood alone under the tree and watched the other kids play.

"Hey," someone called him. A girl who looked like she doesn't like to talk to him. She pulled something on his pocket and gave it to him. "Some girl gave this to me the other day. She was in a hurry—" He stopped listening to the girl and just stared at the folded pink colored stationary.

The handmade envelope was already opened. It was ripped. When he looked back at the girl, she was gone. Calvin decided to quickly go home.

He sat on his study table and pulled out the paper inside. He read it once, twice, trice before it sinks in.

She left like his mother.

He cried more than he cried when his mother left them.

When he calmed down he looked inside the envelope, inside there was a clip. A cat-ear clip. The other must be with her, he thought.

He went back to the letter and read at the last words she wrote as he holds the clip dearly.

Wait for me.

Yes.

__________________

Hello readers, I hope you like the first chapter, if not, that's fine by me haha...

Kidding, can't force you to like mah story.