Chapter Two

I was still half asleep when the phone beside my bed rang. I groaned, not opening my eyes as I lifted the receiver to my ear.

"Send him up," I mumbled sleepily. I looked towards the clock, sighing when I saw that it was a little before five. Having just gone to sleep two hours earlier, I desperately wanted to stay in bed, but knew it was time for my wake-up call. Rudolpho, who took care of my hair and make-up, was on his way up.

A knock on my door forced me out of the old fashioned Victorian king sized bed. I grudgingly left the silky red sheets as I stumbled towards the door, yawning as I patted my crumbled hair. I hadn't bothered to take it down from last night. It was too complex of a hairstyle for me to undo myself.

"That stylist of yours is not doing nearly a good enough job," Rudolpho stated as he swept into my suite. He flicked the light switch and the crystal chandelier in the entrance hallway came to life. "What kind of pajamas is that for a star like you?"

I followed him down the hallway and to the living room area of the one bedroom suite. "I don't need people to tell me what to wear to bed," I mumbled. I ignored his comments. He always remarked on my prudish sleep apparel. My old running shorts and equally old boy tanks were fine by me.

He disagreed.

I sat down on the gold Victorian loveseat in the center of the room, putting my feet up on the cherry wood coffee table sitting in front of it. I turned on the flat screen TV mounted on the wall as Rudolpho placed his bags on the golden armchair in the rear of the room next to the bathroom door.

Though I had already been staying in the suite for several days, the place was spotless. I didn't like to unpack since I knew I wouldn't stay in one place for too long.

Rudolpho began to place his various hair products on the high wood end table at the left of the chair.

He gestured to the chair. "Sit." I did as he said. He sighed when he saw the state of my hair. "I told you that you need to take your hair out before you go to sleep."

"It was too hard to do."

"That's why you need to find a sexy hunk to take it out for you."

I shrugged. "I have a fiancé."

Rudolpho snorted. He didn't have a very good opinion of Lars. "If he isn't around for you at night, he's not much of one." He began unknotting my hair. "I had hoped you'd have gotten rid of him by now."

"Rudy, not now. It's way too early."

My hair was untangled efficiently. "Who's Blake?"

My back stiffened as I looked at him in disbelief. I quickly attempted to hide my surprise, relaxing once again in the chair. "Blake?"

Rudolpho stared at me curiously. "He was downstairs at the front desk asking for you. He was insisting that you had a room for him."

I refused to blush. I was Isabelle Reid. I could do what I liked. "I did, I mean I do. He helped me out with Lars. He-"

Rudolpho just held up his hands. "I already know. He got drunk. He got high. He insulted someone and that someone had the gall to talk back. A fight ensued." He shook his head in disgust, tucking a strand of his purposely disheveled blond hair behind his ear. "I don't know how you keep this all out of the news."

I grabbed my robe. "Can you take care of it? We always have extra rooms. Blake helped us out. The least I can do is give him a place to sleep."

Rudolpho smirked. "He is rather cute. You could give him more than that."

I rolled my eyes, heading into the bathroom to take a quick shower. "Bring back coffee."