Chapter Five

The dress fit me like a second skin, outlining my hourglass figure. While the dark brown combat boots weren't shoes I normally would wear, they did help to not only hide my swollen ankle, but to give me extra support. I felt confident as our car arrived at our destination; the after party was being held at the latest new hip bar called Revolution.

Rudolpho exited the car first, extending his hand to help me out. The cameras flashed. I posed for a few photos till I could no longer bear the cold. Then I headed to the entrance. A bouncer held the door open for me, closing it after me. I took off my black bomber jacket, handing it to Rudolpho as we walked down the hallway.

Though the bar was closed for our party, it was far from empty. I smiled as I made my way further and further inside. Celebrities were rampant here. Musicians, models, A-List and B-list stars, fashionistas, socialites and the like mingled inside. Some had attended the show, while the rest just pretended to have. I managed to walk down the dimly lit hallway without recognizing anyone.

Once in the main part of the bar, I paused, taking in the décor. It was plainly decorated in black, white and red. The few trappings on the wall were black and white Polaroid photos of the attendees. The velvet red curtains stood out against the black walls. They allowed patrons privacy, as they hid those seated behind them. The dance floor in front of the DJ booth was the most interesting part of the bar. The white floor was touch-sensitive. When stepped upon, it would light up, varying in color. It glowed as the people danced to the rhythmic beat pounding in the air.

I smiled at Rudolpho, my face flushed from the heat. "Do you see anyone?" I asked him.

Rudolpho smirked. "It depends on who anyone is." I rolled my eyes. "I haven't seen Blake," he said innocently.

"I'm here to see Lars," I retorted. Spotting Kevin at the back of the bar, I headed toward him.

On his arm was some lingerie model. She was on the current billboard in Times Square. Kevin was drooling as he leaned closer to her, staring at her exposed cleavage. I touched his arm and his attention was diverted for the moment. He motioned towards a booth to his right, a few feet from the DJ's booth.

I nodded, winking at him, as I headed in that direction. I pulled back the curtain, praying I wouldn't disturb Lars. Hopefully he had more common sense to cheat on me here.

Five familiar faces stared at me curiously. Lars wasn't one of them, but Blake was. Seated with him were his sister Stella, her boyfriend Armando, Kat and her boyfriend Nick. I stared back at them, unsure of what to say.

"Lars isn't here. I'm sorry, Kevin pointed in this direction and I thought Lars was here," I rambled.

Kat spoke first. "That's okay. Join us."

Blake stared at me, his blue eyes cold.

"No thanks," I replied with a mega-watt smile. "I should find Lars."

Blake smirked. "Good luck. The last I saw he had his hands full in the next booth."

Stella smacked the back of her brother's head. "Blake!"

My smile didn't waver. "Have a great night."

I turned on my heel, heading away from them. Spotting Stan sitting at the bar, I made my way to him. He was by far the most normal out of the four of us. He hadn't changed with success. His wife had been his high school sweetheart and he hadn't cheated on her once, though he had had plenty of opportunities to do so. With his bleach blond hair and pearly white smile, women always flirted with him, but he never noticed. I leaned against his shoulder, wishing Penny was here now.