Scene 5-8 - A Secret Fleet

FADE IN:

EXT. NEW HOUSE IN A DESERTED AREA - NOON

A dome shaped house in the middle of nowhere. Speeders, spaceship parts and a run-down T-16 Skyhopper are lying around the desert yard, surrounding the house on one side. By the front door there is a pile of junk already, almost identical to the one that EDUS OBRINNE had in his old house in Anchorhead.

INT. NEW HOUSE IN A DESERTED AREA - NOON

EDUS stands in front of a hologram of BAIL ORGANA. BAIL greets him.

BAIL:

Edus. What is it you've acquired?

EDUS:

The hologram, your highness.

VERSITA walks in, peeks from behind the doorway and listens.

EDUS:

Whichever fleet Tarth and his apprentice are working with, was the culprit of the attack on Anchorhead. But what we can't decipher is which fleet.

BAIL:

I know Tarth Madine. He does not ally with someone unless they have a reputation behind them. Whichever fleet this is, will certainly be a powerful one.

EDUS:

Yes, your highness.

BAIL:

What other question did you have?

EDUS:

Who is his apprentice?

BAIL:

Tarth Madine has been training Faren Duey since infanthood in attempt to create a jedi as powerful as Darth Vader.

EDUS:

Do you believe he will succeed?

BAIL:

I don't know. I have not met his apprentice. But beware, we have no way of knowing how strong he is.

EDUS:

You're right, you're highness.

There is a quick pause of conversation.

VERSITA, shifts so that her body is in the doorway to the room.

The conversation recommences.

BAIL:

What else did he say, Edus?

EDUS pauses, and purse his lips. He looks at his daughter.

EDUS: [BACK TO HIS CONVERSATION]

He told his apprentice to meet him on Tatooine. [PAUSE] He said 'he found 'him''.

There is another quick pause in conversation.

BAIL:

Tarth has few enemies. More allies. Thus, he is more often finding others' enemies.

EDUS:

But whose enemy is he after this time?

BAIL: [TAKE IN DEEP BREATH. LOOK TO HIS LEFT AND DOWN.]

In time we will know. [LONG PAUSE]

VERSITA leaves her spot by the doorway.

BAIL:

When you find them, don't face them yourself. Call me and the alliance. We have no way of knowing how powerful this fleet may be.

EDUS:

Based on the wreckage of the attack, your highness, they are very powerful. I have no doubt we're up against an army second to the empire.