Scene 33-36 - The Force Prevails

FADE IN.

EXT. NORTHWESTERN DUNE SEA - DAY

BEN fights and slices off MADINE's knees. MADINE cries out in pain and manages to just graze the tips of BEN's own fingers as he falls to the ground. DUEY steps up, realising it's his cue.

MADINE:

DUEY!

DUEY comes in with all the power he can muster but BEN blocks and then swings around and chops the other hand off.

MADINE army crawls but BEN acts quickly and his saber goes right through MADINE's back. DUEY almost looks surprised when BEN looks at him. MADINE groans and dies almost instantly. DUEY tries to keep fighting BEN. But BEN continues to block. Once DUEY is tired out, BEN stops and looks him in the eye.

BEN:

You don't have to do this.

DUEY:
No. I have to. For my master!

DUEY aims at BEN and he blocks again.

BEN:

I know you have something left in you. I can see the battle.

DUEY: [Persistently]

No!

BEN: Listen. [Silent pause] For you - there may be no power. But there is still hope. [Stress the last two words]

DUEY looks down.

DUEY:

Will you let me be free?

BEN:

Yes.

DUEY:

Will you forgive me for - ?

BEN:

Yes.

Some starfighters begin to land. Only a few are left. They have realised their leader is no longer alive.

One of the obsidian soldiers spots DUEY and BEN standing forgivingly across from one another.

RANDOM OBSIDIAN PILOT: Hey! You traitors! You're all traitors!

A rebel comes up beside him and takes his arms and walks away with him.

ORGANA's CR90 lands nearby and BEN looks at DUEY again and then at ORGANA who is walking down the ramp from his CR90. There is a moment of understanding between BEN and ORGANA. ORGANA invited DUEY onto his ship.

BEN:

I will be back.

EXT. SITE OF VERSITA's STARIGHTER COLLISION - DAY

BEN walks around the rubble of the Obsidian starfighter carefully and approaches VERSITA's starfighter. He opens the top and finds VERSITA inside. He removes her helmet and brushes stray hairs out of her face before lifting her out of the starfighter and carrying her away. As he walks away her eyes flicker and they smile at each other slightly.

VERSITA: [Face turns solemn]

Papa?

BEN shakes his head sadly.

VERSITA's eyes become teary and so do BEN's.

FADE IN.

EXT. CELEBRATION OF LIFE, EDUS - NIGHT

EDUS's body is being burned. Even though he is burning he still looks peaceful.

BEN and ORGANA and VERSITA are all standing in the middle at the front of the crowd. BEN takes VERSITA's hand. No one else seems to be listening so he leans in and starts to talk.