Scene 9-12 - A Trusted Alliance

Before this part begins I want to let you know that IN SPACE in the setting section always means no specification of time as their isn't really a way of knowing when your just looking at it.

FADE IN:

EXT. MOS ESPA MARKET - DAY

VERSITA is collecting food from the market. She pays an old woman generously and puts the vegetables in the bag at her side.

OLD WOMAN:

Thank you. Thank you so much.

VERSITA smiles and nods.

VERSITA:

Good day.

VERSITA begins to walk away.

OLD WOMAN:

Thank you.

VERSITA turns around and spots the same hooded man from the attack on Anchorhead. She pauses in her tracks for a moment to try and make out his face. Suddenly a Defel appears in front of her holding a blaster.

BLIFEL:

[SAYS SOMETHING IN HIS NATIVE LANGUAGE.]

VERSITA: [WITH FORCE]

I don't care!

BLIFEL:

[SAYS SOMETHING IN HIS LANGUAGE.] [POKES VERSITA WITH HIS BLASTER.]

VERSITA: [PULLS OUT HER OWN BLASTER]

Listen to me, Blifel. Now, let me through, or I may have to consider an alternate route. And I imagine it won't be much of desirable one.

BLIFEL: [DEFEATED]

[SAYS SOMETHING IN HIS LANGUAGE]

VERSITA:

Thank you, Blifel. [SHE PUTS HER BLASTER BACK INTO HER BELT.]

She looks back in the direction of the hooded man. But he isn't there anymore. She lets out a breath of air and begins walking through an alleyway out of town. As she turns into another one, she notices a light flickering off of something attached to the wall. She squints her eyes and realizes what it is. It starts to beep, as a little boy walks by the other side of the alleyway. She dashes forward as the last beep goes and she throws her arms around the little boy and both of their bodies slide across the sandy ground as the bomb goes off. She shuts her eyes for a moment and stands. She peeks around the corner at the town scanning it for anything suspicious. Finally, confident that there's nothing at least at the moment, she turns the little boy's shivering body to face her and she looks into his eyes.

VERSITA:

Are you alright?

The little boy nods nervously chewing on his lip.

VERSITA:

Good. Now find your family, and stay away from anything out of the ordinary. [THE BOY NODS] Do you understand?

The boy nods again.

VERSITA: [PATS THE BOYS SHOULDER] [UNDER HER BREATH]

Go!

She watches to make sure the boy escapes safely then looks around for flashing lights. She pulls out her blaster and holds it close to her thigh as she peeks around the corner. A STORMTROOPER walks nearby and she presses her back to the wall behind her. She tries to breathe evenly. Once she's gained back her bravery, she begins walking in the opposite direction from where she saw the stormtrooper. She peeks down every corner to make sure there aren't any STORMTROOPERs. Around one corner two are walking. She looks the other way.