three

the beep of bindi's five o'clock alarm went off the next morning. she had learned through her years in her profession to start the day as early as possible, and she hadn't missed a day in years.

bindi's job had lead her many places, and she'd learned many things along the way. but, ironically enough, she had learned to mediate and fell in love with the practice. it took her years to properly learn, and it relaxed her, despite the chaos brought on by her lifestyle. once she mastered it, she began doing it first thing in the morning for hours at a time.

once she mediated, bindi made herself breakfast. she fed donny and brought him to the backyard to do whatever he does out there. bindi truly wondered how donny stayed entertained. she bought him lots of toys, but he was very particular about the ones he liked. he could spend hours in the yard playing with the only two toys he likes, and refuse to play with any others.

leaving her pit bull to his own company, bindi headed to her room to choose an outfit to wear to the grove. she took note of the five boys' styles and put together an outfit she thought that would catch their attention, while the outfit itself still being her own style.

(because i'm picky i couldn't find an outfit for bindi. so imagine her in one or naked lolol)

bindi had devised a plan to start a friendship with the boys, now she had to carry it out. she knew it wouldn't be hard, though. bindi had learned to make things happen the way she wanted, when she wanted.

three sets of keys hung sat on the table next to bindi front door: a mustang, a g-wagon, and a motorcycle. bindi was feeling the g-wagon, so she picked up the keys and exited her house, waiting to hear the automatic click of the front door and ding of the security system turning on to walk from her steps.

bluetooth automatically connected bindi's phone to the radio, and she pressed shuffle on the 'PRETTYMUCH' playlist. before leaving, bindi checks the boys' social medias for new posts. sure enough, edwin and brandon had posted pictures they took outside. from the pictures, bindi recognized buildings from the grove, and the time stamps were less than an hour ago on both, so they seemingly still had to be there.

bindi took the quickest route into the busy streets. she parked near a vintage shop and went into it, hoping to catch one of the boys. unluckily, she didn't find any one of them, but bought several shirts she'd been looking for everywhere.

her next stop was a shoe store. she needed to get a new pair of work boot anyways, as hers were frequently torn. she bought her boots and made a mental note to throw her old ones out.

having not seen the boys since she arrived, she refreshed instagram again and saw edwin posted again. the time stamp was two minutes ago, and he was dancing to the song playing on a system in a restaurant, with the caption 'WOAH' near the bottom left corner. bindi concluded the restaurant was the chipotle on the other side of the grove, so she walked as quickly as possible there, knowing this was probably her only shot to introduce herself.

bindi hustled her way to the chipotle and spotted the five boys through the window. she entered the building, making sure to make an entrance and catching attention. her confidence and personality was put up front in the way the she walked, the way she talked. bindi had order her food and waited for them to call it, filling the flimsy cup she got with her meal with sprite. she took the seat closest to the boys, and it sat her facing three of the five.

the plan bindi had was put on hold, just to see if one of them would speak to her first. she didn't think they would but she wouldn't be surprised if they did either. she waited and waited, but they never moved. bindi's food was eventually called and she retrieved it, sitting back at her table, waiting for the time to set her plan into motion.

as she predicted, zion began talking about fortnite. nick was too into the conversation while the other three looked at the two, then at each other, then back at the two, as if they were expecting that the happen.

as the happy couple went on about the game they played before, bindi scarfed down her food, seeing an opportunity to jump in. she threw her garbage away and tuned into the conversation.

"dude, i got nine kills last night. fucking nine." which, bindi already knew, as zion had humbly bragged on his instagram story.

"oh, word? i got eleven." nick one-ups zion.

"i got fifteen."

a new voice was added to the mix. bindi took a seat and pulled it up to the boys' table, sitting at the head, all the attention on her, right where she wants them.

"no fucking way. you're a, a-" zion cuts himself off.

"a girl? i could still beat your ass though." bindi smiles sweetly, her words being anything but. the other four 'ohh' at him. they think i'm joking, bindi commented to herself.

how much did bindi actually know about fortnite? not too much. the 'research' she'd done the night before included knowing the basics of the (in bindi's opinion) dumbass game. she's managed to learn the map and how to certain things, but had yet to played the game, just downloaded it on her computer. how did bindi get fifteen kills? she hacked the server and added them.

"wow, okay. i think i might marry you on the spot." zion added.

"you don't even know my name, homie." bindi sasses, resting her chin on her hand, waiting for him to pop the question.

"well, mrs. kuwonu, what's your name?"

"i think you just answered your own question. but my name's bindi."

"cute." was the first thing zion said.

bindi blinks. she realizes, for the second time, speaking to him is like talking to a wall.

"anyways," she shifts her attention to the other four, "i'm bindi, not mrs. kuwonu." she smiles.

the others introduce themselves, and although bindi already knew their names, birth dates, and social security numbers, she still listened when they spoke.

the six had a conversation about their lives, about the band, the fame, simon cowell (which bindi was genuinely curious about), their relationships (they're all single, bindi notes this may come in handy later), their family. she tells them she's a private investigator (technically she's not lying), she's from las vegas, about her parents and little brother, her house, and her dog.

the group talked til the sun started to set. bindi managed to snag their numbers in her phone, even though she knew them already, and they got hers as well. the five boys call an uber and bindi finds her car. the boys spot her leaving the parking garage and they do a double take. she revs the engine at them before taking a left, on her journey back home.

authors note.
yo, it's ya girl. vote for more chapters ! also i think i'm getting into hockey skskskksk
q: who's your favorite rapper (if you have one) and what's your favorite song by them?
a:mine is tory lanez , i love love love 'friends with benefits'
mwah !