Chapter Two

Mia's POV

"So, you seeing anyone as yet honey?"

My mom, Vanessa asked.

"Mom, for the last time, no. I just got out of a relationship with a douchebag, I don't need another douchebag in my life anytime soon." I answered exasperatedly.

"You know sis,not all guys are douchebags." My little brother Caleb said.

Caleb was the spitting image of Dad,with his heterochromia eyes and beautiful blonde hair. He's now in his third year of college studying architecture and interior designing. He'd fit right in with uncle Colton and his business. At least he still would be working for the company.

"Caleb,everyone knows you're a big softie." I retorted.

"Hey,back off. I'm just trying to help you see that not everyone is the same." He replied.

"I know Shortbread." I said,using the nickname that I came up with since he was born.

"Stop calling me that." He groaned.

Mom giggled as she watched us interact.

Footsteps were heard coming down the stairs as we turned our heads to see Dad stepping into the room.

"Sorry about that,I had an important call I had to take." He apologized.

"Even though he's retired,he's still working as hard as ever." Mom smiled fondly at him while touching his hand.

"I know. I still get those financial statements every week thanks to one hardworking Stanley Warren." I said.

"I should give him a promotion." I added.

The table chuckled as we continued eating.
******

Tuesday morning came and I was dying for it to be the weekend already. I had three more meetings and then I was free for the rest of the day. I needed to do some grocery shopping since I'm sure there isn't anything at home to eat;maybe a few pieces of biscuits and that's it.

"Your 2 o'clock appointment is here and already in the conference room." My assistant, Kelsey said.

"Does he look like a douchebag?" I asked her.

She giggled a little before answering.

"He's definitely a douchebag."

"Shit!".
********
"Froot loops or Cinnamon toast crunch?" I asked myself.

I was currently at the supermarket decided on what cereal I wanted.

Cereal,yeah I know.

"My my,aren't you a beauty." A voice said from behind me.

I turned around to see a tall blonde haired guy who was around the height of 6'2" with piercing green eyes and a jawline that could cut diamonds.

"I'm sorry. Who are you?" I asked him.

"The name's Bradley. And you are sweetness?"

"Leave me alone."

I continued my shopping. He stood there dumbfounded as if he couldn't believe that I just turned him down.

Another guy had to come along and drag him off.

"I'm sorry about my idiotic friend." He apologized.

"The world does need idiots. He's just one of them." I replied.

He chuckled.

"I'm Jamie. I've seen you before but I can't remember where."

"That sounds like a line Jamie. Be careful."

It's not a line,I promise." He held up his hands in surrender.

"Whatever you say Jamie."

" So what's your name?" Jamie asked.

"It's not hard too figure out. I'll leave it to you." I said as I sauntered off to the cashier,leaving him with an open mouth.