Epilogue

1 year later

"Jamie, could you get butt down here and help me?" I screamed up the stairs.

"Babe, I'll be down in minute." He shouted back down at me.

"It's been ten minutes since you said that. What are you doing up there?" I asked.

"I'll be right there." He replied.

He's been avoiding my questions all day. Whenever I ask him something he just changes the subject. I knew he was hiding something from me, and I didn't like to be left out of the loop.

It's been a year since the whole drama with his dad and Kevin. It's been a very peaceful year. Cara was okay and she healed nicely from the wound that she received. Lucky for her, no vital organs were hit, that was a reassurance to Jamie and everybody else, including her ex husband. They may have been divorced but the love was definitely still there. They've been working things out ever since they realized that life was too short to be living it in malice.

Jamie's mother avoided him for a little bit because he didn't tell her what her husband did to their daughter. Even though mother and daughter never did have a good relationship, it still hit her hard because Kaylyn was her child, she gave birth to her, she loved her. But she eventually came around when she realized that avoiding the only family you have left is just a waste of time.

Alyah eventually got used to the idea of Jamie and I being together, but that didn't mean that I still didn't get some stink eye from her every now and then. Cooper, her son, is  now a healthy one and a half year old baby boy,who sticks to his uncles like never before, especially to Jamie. Seeing baby Cooper sticking to his uncle like that put the most adorable image in my head of Jamie holding a little boy or girl of our making. It made me tear up to be honest whenever I think about it.

It's been a whole year of tabloids and the news stations dragging Jamie's name across the mud about aiding a murder by covering the evidence, but they too eventually got around to hearing the complete story from Jamie himself. The dragging took a little while to stop but like everything else, it heals with time. It's been really stressful and hectic to be preparing for interviews one after the other, day in day out. But we got through it together.

When my parents learned about what was taking place and I didn't tell them, they were furious, especially my dad. His business is his baby, the thing that he built from the ground up and worked tirelessly to spread it to all corners of the globe. It was understandable why he was furious with me. But it was nothing a little 'Mia charm' couldn't fix, I was on their good side in no time at all, but I did suffer the consequences a little bit, they didn't talk to me for a day.

"I told you I'd be down in a minute." Jamie said coming down the stairs.

We were now living together in my house. He said that he preferred to be with me instead of taking me out of my comfort zone, but he still had a little place for himself, nothing major like the house he grew up in. He sold it.

"Yeah, like 30 minutes ago." I sassed.

My temper has been a bit of a roller coaster since lately. This minute I was okay and then the next I wasn't that okay. My mom believes that I'm pregnant, but I could never be. My period was due in a few days, I could already feel the symptoms.

"You're such a cute little baby." He pinched my cheeks and kissed them.

"Whatever. I need your help in the kitchen, we have guests in a few minutes." I pushed him towards the kitchen.

"Alright, alright. Damn you're fiery today, more so than any other day." He held his hands up in surrender when I glared at him.

My glares were known for melting ice and even lighting a tree on fire, so you could just imagine the look that he was receiving.