Chapter 21

Jamie's POV

The walk home from the bar was agonizing. I kept hearing Bradley's voice in my head to stop what I'm doing, but he doesn't understand. I have to do this, I have to give the sorry excuse of a father the information he needs so that he can stop holding my little sister's death over my head. How could ever do such thing when she also belonged to him? How could he talk about her as if he had no regards for her whatsoever. I know my father needs to be stopped but I haven't figured that out yet.

Yes, Bradley told me that he will help me with the legal cases and everything because he knows what went down, he knows that I tampered with the crime scene, he knows that I couldn't leave my little sister's body lying there, I had to give her a proper burial even if that meant without everybody else, at least I was there with her. It was one of the hardest things I've ever done, next to deceiving and lying to Mia. I remembered bawling my eyes out as I lay her to rest, as I clean up the mess that was left behind, I cried because I was covering up the mess and possibly taking the fall for somebody that didn't deserve it.

I had to clear my head for a bit so I sat on a bench at the bus stop. Not the wisest decision I've ever made but lately that seems to be a pattern of mine, not making wise decisions and then they come back to bite me in the ass. Take for example what is now happening with my dad, I should've never told him what I did, now he's holding it over my head like an umbrella shielding me from the rain but only this umbrella is bringing more showers of pain and ache in my life than the actual rain.

I knew then that I had to tell Mia what I was doing. I had to come clean to her. I couldn't keep doing this and I wouldn't. Bradley seemed to have gotten through to me, because I decided to walk to her house, pack my shit and leave. I was gonna come clean to her, I couldn't keep doing this. I now realized that what my mom said about me having deep feelings for this girl was actually true. I've come to realize that in the few weeks that I've known Mia and the few dates we've gone on and hung out together, I have mad feelings for her, I think I might even love her. That is when I decided that I'm not doing this anymore, consequences be damned. I was gonna tell Mia everything!

*****

The rest of the walk to Mia's place was filled with thoughts drowning my head, wondering if I'm about to make a mistake. I think I should just pack my shit and leave. Yeah that is going to hurt her and she's going to be left wondering what she did wrong but I just want her to know that there is nothing wrong with her. She's perfect the way she is, my little blonde angel.

I got to the front door and inputted the code for the lock and it beeped open. I was praying to the gods above that she would already be asleep. I did leave her in bed so maybe she is asleep by now. But knowing me and that I have no luck when it comes to these types of situations, it's like the universe just wants to tell me to be done with it quickly. As I took a glance down the hallway to the see the light on in her office, my heart began beating really fast. I knew them that I'd have to do this tonight, there is no escaping telling her the truth, she deserves to know what I've been doing.

I still decided to be a coward about it and headed straight for the bedroom to pack my shit and leave before she realizes that I'm in the house, but by now she would've heard the beeping of the door being opened. She would've known that I'm here. I wondered what she was doing in her office, I wondered if that little rat Kevin told her the truth about what I did. I kept reflecting to when I was in her office earlier, if I put everything back to the way it was so she wouldn't notice that someone was in there.

I heard footsteps coming towards the room and I knew then that I was doomed. When she stood in the doorway staring at me and me trying my hardest to not stare at her, trying my hardest to not break down like a complete pussy when she asked me all those questions. I know that she deserves more than what I am giving her, she deserves to know the whole truth about me and my family. She deserves to know why I did this to her. She deserves to know everything, but I couldn't lay that burden on her.