Chapter 22

Mia's POV

The flight down to California was hectic because I still had a lot of work to do. Is this what it felt like to dad when he was travelling all the time? This doesn't even feel like a friendly visit, this feels like I'm preparing for war.

After I called up Maria, she told me to fly down and she'd help me with whatever I needed. After my dad legally adopted Maria she became my sister even though I already considered her a sister before all that. She finished up her schooling and dad wanted to offer her a position in the company because she is a computer wiz. She didn't want the job and set out to Cali to make a life for herself. She got a job working for the CIA as one of their agents. I decided to use her skills to find me all the information I needed about one Jamie Osbourne and one Kevin McKoy. I needed every information she could find about them. If they thought that they could walk all over the little blonde girl then they had another thing coming.

I might be blonde but I'm not that stereotypical dumb blonde chick that they all read about in stories. I will get to the bottom of everything and stop Jamie's dad from doing more harm than good. Believe it or not, I still have really strong feelings for Jamie,and whatever his dad is planning on blackmailing him with I want to know so that I can soften the damage if even just a little.

I saw Maria standing at the gate waving her hands frantically at me.

Seems like someone really missed me!

I shook my head at her antics and walked towards her to give her a big hug. I missed having my sister around to chat about all things girly. My mom might be there to have girly talks with but it's not the same as having your sister to chat with.

"Oh my God, look at you. Last time I saw you it was at your ordination to take over the business. You my sweets looks like a grown woman who is ready to take on the world." Maria says while squeezing the life out of me.

"Can't...breathe..." I manage to wheeze out.

"Oh stop being so dramatic Mia. I missed you!"

"I missed you too." I give her a generous hug right back after she softened her hold on my middle.

"Let's finish up this reunion at my place." She grabbed my suitcase pulling it behind her.

We drove through the superb city to the residential area where Maria resided. I couldn't help but stare at the magnificent skyline and the Golden Gate Bridge. It was a magnificent site to behold.

We pulled up to a  huge white mansion like house. It was a decent sized house but not quite getting to the size of a mansion but for sure it was larger than my house. 

"Wow, you are making some serious bucks up in this!" I murmured

She threw her head back laughing at what I said while my cheeks tinted a soft pink color.