Chapter 61

'You should probably give back our resources,'' Clarke muttered, crossing her arms as she glared at Luna from the counter.

No, Clarke didn't trust Luna. Madi might've trusted her—and okay, Clarke could get it, sister and all—but she wasn't related to Luna by blood. And after the days passed, it was almost if they'd forgotten about what Luna had done. Nearly killing Lexa? No, that didn't matter at all.

Survival. Madi had justified Luna's doing with survival. And Clarke could've understood; and she supposed, that with Madi's reasoning, it might not have mattered when they all justified their doings with it as well— but with Luna, it was recent. It threatened theirs. Their survival and that made Luna an enemy.

Their excuse for survival had turned onto them.

Still crossed arms, she watched Luna for a response. Instead of a glower or a glare that Clarke would've expected from Luna, her eyes had flickered away. She was quite certain that this was the closest to a shoulder slump or an admission of defeat from Luna. ''Fine, Clarke. If it helps to regain your trust in me any.''

Clarke let out a chuckle, and turned towards Luna, slightly amused—but a dark glint had shone in her eyes. ''Haven't trusted you in the first place. How am I supposed to regain that?''

...

Clarke was in their abode when Luna approached her.

She was sat on the couch, as she listened to Lexa and Madi play outside. It was nearly dusk, which meant the temperature went drastically down—enough so that Lexa could go outside without everything getting to burn-y and hot. They were constructing a bear trap, which was supposedly going to be the ''biggest and best ever'' (Madi's words), and ''shall be the safest, yet practical'' (Lexa's words). Clarke wasn't eager to chime in to help, mainly because of some bad experiences regarding the contraption and how she would've preferred to keep her leg in one piece (unlike Lexa who didn't really bother to care about that), thank you very much.

It was then, as she contemplated the trap-making that was going on outside when Luna entered the room. She nodded at her presence and sat on the opposite end of the couch. Mentally, Clarke thought of the days they had left. Five more, until they had to make a decision neither of them wanted to make.

''I know you wish not to talk to me,'' Luna began, as Clarke found something else to focus on in the abode. ''But I only wish to talk.''

Clarke still didn't respond, and so, Luna continued. ''I do not know you, Clarke kom Skaikru,'' Luna said, as she gazed at Clarke solemnly, even as Clarke eyes faced towards the wooden walls in front of her. ''Neither do I know Skaikru. At least, not as well as I should. Please enlighten me.''

''Does it even matter to you?'' Clarke said, voice humourless. ''My past?''

''Would it hurt to share your tale? After all, I have shared mine,'' Luna replied, just as swiftly as Clarke had. Clarke bit her lip.

Wouldn't hurt. It's just talk.

Clarke breathed in a long, soft breath, and swallowed some saliva. She felt regret at not going outside to work on bear traps simmer now. Oh, god. This would be a long conversation.

Returning Luna's gaze, she took a breath, mustered the willpower to talk about the pasts, and began. ''We—we were in space, on a spaceship that had circled Earth for two centuries. They sent a hundred of us to the ground, to determine if it was survivable or not. When we descended, we had fallen from the skai—so they called us Skaikru.'' One long breath. Luna's gaze stayed the same; but now, it was tinted with curiosity.

''We had... fights. Misunderstandings,'' and at this Clarke looked away as if she couldn't bear the thought and look at Luna's eyes any longer. ''It-it was hard. B-but we still fought for it. To unite our people under peace.''