Chapter 73

''We need to begin to hunt,'' Luna said, her eyes swivelling to meet the three others that had her attention in the room now. It had been a rather exhausting and daunting task to gather them up, and more specifically, to have all of them to listen to her. And although it had only been a day since the entire amnesia-happening, all three of them had been all-too-eager to go off and do their own things, especially when it came to Madi, despite them all being in practically a post-apocalyptic situation without their memories.

Did they not realise how dangerous that was?

It was why it was such a rare occasion that they were all listening now, in the same room all at once, and wasn't bickering or arguing over her. Again, despite it all being just a day since they all lost their memories.

Spirits knew when would they start wandering off after they decided that they were abjectly bored about her and everything she had to say. Clearing her throat and crossing her arms, she waited for their reactions.

Which, was none except for their stares, which Luna took as permission to continue on.

''Today was lucky,'' she began. ''Lexa—we managed to find a rabbit to eat. And smoke in fire. But that is a rare occasion—''

There was a raised hand. Luna nodded and cleared her throat. ''Yes?''

Madi was staring back at her curiously. ''But—but how'd you know it's a rare occasion?'' she asked. ''We don't have our memories, and so far, we've only had one of those occasions so far. Which means that it's a common occasion. Right?''

Luna sighed in exasperation. ''Fine,'' she said, not really considering the question. ''It may be a common occasion. But that does not belittle the fact that we require a hunt.''

''But it's a common occasion, right?'' Madi said. ''That means that it's common, which means that we don't have to even hunt at all! Right?'' she asked eagerly, and that had forced Luna into a conundrum—she could either let out a frustrated cry and stalk out of the abode, or indulge Madi more.

One option seemed harder than the other.

She took a breath, and looking at Madi in the eyes, she exhaled: ''No, Madi. Even if it is a common occasion, that does not mean that the act of hunting is not required.''

Madi seemed visibly saddened after that, but nodded.

''Alright,'' Luna said, relieved. ''Now that that conversation is over, let us return to our priorities. Hunting. Now, it is no question that we need food—''

Madi raised her hand again. Luna bit back an exasperated sigh, and mustered up the will to say: ''Yes?''

''But- but how'd you know if we need food?'' Madi said, quirking an eyebrow in curiosity. ''I mean, we don't have our memories, which means that we don't remember anything — heck, I mean, if Lexa can forget that she's paralyzed, then maybe we have secret metabolizing abilities that none of us know about!'' she said in excitement, awe, and depressingly, with a complete amount of seriousness.

She didn't even try to explain that one away.

''We need food,'' Luna said, exasperated. ''It's necessary if we want to live!''

And at this, Madi quirked an eyebrow—as if to ask another question—but she had been stopped by a placating hand on her shoulder, and a meaningful glance from Lexa. Finally, she had seemed to shrink into herself and looked up to Luna with a certain amount of reluctance.

Luna bit back another sigh. But gazing at the trio, she managed to muster up some will of survival—and with this, she took a breath, and began. ''Here is what I propose...''