AIs and assassins

Science Fiction 

2050

"Prisoner 910156. Please walk through the door and be seated at the table directly in front of you."

I can feel the holographic laser handcuffs digging into my brown skin, rendering them raw and red. "Why am I here? I haven't done anything." I sneer at the guard, but he looks straight ahead. Puta.

The door opens and I freeze when I look at Jeff Veres, the president of the States' biggest tech corporation, V.Corp.

I am feral in seconds, lunging across the table, trying to claw the eyes out of the man that put me in here. The guard in the room slams me back into the chair and I struggle like a fish under him.

"We good?" He directs the question to Jeff. He nods and then looks at me.

"I think Elena and I going to be just fine." He smiles, his black eyes flashing. I don't miss the threat under those words.

I snarl.

As soon as the guard is gone, I spit on his face, and it sticks, white against his dark-skinned complexion. I cannot help but smile inside as he wipes it away slowly. "I want nothing to do with the man that killed my parents and put me in here. Vete a la mierda, pedazo de mierda."

"Fuck you, you piece of shit? That's mild for Elena Morales. After all, you are an assassin who spurted an entire speech of cuss words and then hacked my vice-president's head off while she was still surprised."

"What can I say? I love dramatics. It was just unfortunate it was her in your office that day and not you, or you wouldn't be here now." I flash him my teeth and say, "Why are you here, Jeff?"

"To make you an offer you cannot refuse." He smirks.

I snort. I make a move to summon the guard and get up. "I think we are done here."

He slams the table. "Sit."

I sit. Jeff Veres losing his cool is a sight indeed.

"So, what do you want from me?"

"I need you to get an AI I have recently developed, implanted in your brain. It is a chip that allows you to access every bit of knowledge on the Webernet—in your mind."

"And what would I get out of this?"

"I will spring you out of here. And you get paid."

"I could kill you. I tried to kill you once already when you successfully stole some tech from my father and then killed him and the rest of my family to silence this robbery."

"I wasn't finished. With a house arrest and 24/7 monitored care." He adjusts his tie.

"Why?"

"Because it's dangerous technology that could fry a human brain. Before we release it to the public, we need to make sure it does not kill them."

"Why me?"

"If it fails, Elena, I get rid of you for good. If it works, all the better for you and me. Just say yes."

I didn't want to do this, but if it meant I could get out of here and have a chance to kill him...

"Fine."

"We have got ourselves a deal, Elena."