Chapter 5

A/N: One of my favorite chapters! enjoy loves :) let me know whatcha thinkkk <3

Chapter 5

HARRY POV

"Yeah, that should do," Liam said, walking around Harry in a circle. "Thank God we're the same size."

Harry was standing in Liam's suite, wearing Liam's clothes, and fastening Liam's bow tie. "You look great!" Liam said proudly.

Once the bow tie was securely on, Liam motioned for Harry to sit on the sofa. "Now that we've got you all cleaned up, it's time for the next step. Have you been to anything like this before?" Harry slowly shook his head. Liam took a deep breath. "Listen, Harry. I'm newer to this whole thing than most people who will be there, but I've been to enough of these dinners and parties and shit, pardon my French, to realize that going to something like this is almost like a death sentence. They eat each other alive, they always try to one-up each other, and they never miss a chance to show off. So all you have to do is act like you're filthy rich and you'll be fine. You're a smart guy, you'll figure it out. I'm positive that you'll be completely fine." Harry tried to relax as he listened to Liam's pep talk, memorizing everything. He took deep breaths. "Liam," he said so softly it was almost a whisper. "I'm nervous." Liam stood up and pulled Harry up with him. He clapped Harry on the back. "I have faith in you, I know you can pull this off. You'll have me, and Louis too, I think, you guys are friends, yeah?" Harry flushed lightly but Liam didn't seem to notice. Yes, they were friends...But possibly, no hopefully, so much more. "Don't worry. Just go along with it, and if they ask any questions just answer the best you can and act confident. I'll intervene if it gets to be too much." Harry looked at Liam and smiled. This boy just met him a couple of hours ago, and he was already helping him out so much. He was far too kind. "Thank you so much Liam. You're one of the kindest people I've ever met." Liam shrugged. "I'm only happy to help. And when I saw the disgusting way Tomlinson was looking at you, I knew I had to do something. I couldn't let you walk in there alone and be laughed at." Harry pulled Liam in for a hug, so grateful that he didn't have the words to explain. Impressing Louis that night meant everything to him, and he wanted to show Louis that he'd honestly do anything to make him happy, even if it meant enduring this torture of a dinner with a bunch of brainless rich idiots. Liam truly was a gift from the Gods. "Alright, let's head out!" Liam said, and they walked out of the suite and toward the first class dining area together.

LOUIS POV

Louis was fidgeting in his seat at the dinner table. His father was sitting next to him having wine and chatting with some lady covered in jewelry that he didn't know and didn't care about. What was her name...Caroline Flap? Flack? Something like that. Whatever. All he could concentrate on was Harry. Would he still show up? When was he going to be here? Where was he going to get a suit? How would his father treat him? Calm down Louis, he'll be fine. It'll be great, stop worrying. He tried to calm himself down by taking deep, even breaths. He shut his eyes, clearing his head, and when he opened them, there was Harry.

And did he look stunning.

He walked in wearing a black tuxedo, with the cutest little white bow tie fastened around his neck. He had his head held high, confidence in his eyes, and he was walking with some boy that Louis had never seen before. Harry spotted Louis and his mouth broke into a wide grin as he winked, effectively stopping Louis' heart. Damn, was this boy trying to kill him? Yeah, Louis decided that he was. His father stood up when Harry and the boy approached the table, reaching out to shake the boy's hand. "Ah, Mr. Payne. So very glad that you made it. Please, have a seat. I-" Mr. Tomlinson stopped talking when he laid his eyes on Harry. "You?" he said quietly, astonished. Harry raised his eyebrows as he stuck his hand out as well. "Hello Mr. Tomlinson, lovely to see you." Louis' father shook Harry's hand slowly, stunned. "I didn't even recognize you, Mr. Styles! You almost look decent! You might be able to pass as a man now!" Harry's eyes hardened at the insult, but he said nothing as he took a seat next to that Mr. Payne guy. Mr. Tomlinson sat down back next to Louis, still looking stunned. "Now, Styles, you know Mr. Payne?" Harry smirked. "Yes, I just met Liam earlier actually."