Chapter 19

A/N: Gahhh crazy stuffff!! hope you like it, comment, fan, and vote please!! :) x

Chapter 19

LOUIS POV

Louis and Harry were running on deck, hands interlocked, stumbling about through the crowds. Louis' heart started to pound when he hear a gunshot from somewhere behind him, but Harry whispered to him, "Boo it's okay, the gunshot came from the other side of the ship. No one's going to hurt you." Louis took a deep breath and nodded. He was a bit shock by the latest few events, and he didn't feel safe anywhere. He felt like someone was going to take Harry from him at any second, so he never let Harry go once. He promised himself that he wouldn't. They reached a lifeboat with a relatively small crowd, in comparison to the other lifeboat stations, but it was still quite large. A crewman stood at the front, gun in hand, threatening to shoot whoever came close without permission, the way every other crewman manning a station had been instructed to do. Apparently they had to wait get on the lifeboat, but that would take forever. Louis began to lose hope. They wouldn't make it, they were going to die. His jaw clenched as he opened his mouth to say something when another gunshot sounded, making Louis squeak femininely. Harry pulled Louis close to him and held onto him tightly. "Again, from the other side of the ship, Lou. Don't worry."

"It's not that Haz. People are getting shot, they're getting killed! That's how desperate they are! They're dying...I wonder whose lives were taken now," Louis muttered.

"I know, I know. It's horrible- no its absolutely devastating. But there's nothing we can do about it but wait, so don't worry, I'm here Lou, I'm here."

Louis nodded into Harry's shoulder.

Just then, the ship began to tilt down to their left side, moving faster than before. "Oh fucking hell," Harry muttered. The deck was getting steeper and steeper. People were screaming and panicking, running everywhere. Harry grabbed Louis' hand, who was dazed and scared, and pulled him over to an open space on the railing. "Lou, grab onto this, now. Don't let go." Louis nodded and did as Harry asked, and Harry did the same on Louis' left side. "Alright Lou, stay calm. Ignore everybody else, it's just you and me, okay Boo? We're alright. Now. Start climbing your way up the ship to the right. We need to get farther up before we're sucked into the ocean. You can do this, let's go." Louis was breathing hard, his hands were shaking, and he had never been more terrified in his life. He started moving his hands and pulling himself upward. He was going as fast as he could, periodically checking behind him to make sure Harry was still there. Every time he did, Harry gave him a reassuring smile, though there was worry glazing his eyes. They finally got to the stern, moving towards the center and holding onto the railing as the other side of the ship continued sinking into the water. Harry kissed Louis on top of the head, muttering "You're so brave Lou, I'm so proud." Louis couldn't find the strength to answer, so he just looked up at Harry and whimpered, his eyes wide with fright. He looked into Harry's sparkling, fear-glazed emeralds, which calmed him down a bit. Harry situated himself so that he was behind Louis, one arm holding onto the railing on the outside of Louis' hands and one through Louis' arms, in between his hands so that he was blocking Louis from falling back if he happened to slip and almost as if he was holding Louis in his arms, his chest pressing into Louis back. Louis pouted; he couldn't look into Harry's eyes anymore if he was behind him. Harry kept pressing kisses onto Louis' head, whispering reassuring words and loving phrases. He felt safe with Harry; Harry protected him and did everything he could to help Louis. Louis looked behind him, looking slightly down at the screaming people trying to make their way up to the stern. Some were successful and held onto the railing next to Louis and Harry, others, not so much. As the ship tilted more and more, faster and faster, people were losing their grip and sliding down, hitting walls and steamstacks and each other, some bashing into walls with loud crunching sounds and others falling all the way down into the ocean on the other side of the ship that was underwater. People were bleeding, people were crying; it was complete hysteria. Louis gasped as he looked on, tears pricking his eyes as he shut them and turned around, unable to watch. Harry kissed Louis' head more. "It's ok Lou, we're fine up here. Remember, you and me, you and me, no one else." A sharp cracking noise startled Louis, and he whipped his head around.

Louis' jaw dropped.

The ship was cracking in HALF. Completely splitting into two, the wooden floorboards pulling apart. People were being sucked into the growing crack, yelling and screaming for help. "Harry," Louis said, hyperventilating. "Shhh Lou, don't panic. It's fine. We need to get on the other side of this railing." Louis' eyes widened. "W-we'll fall!"

"No we won't, we'll move slow and I'll help you. The ship is going to tilt until it's vertical, and if we don't move, we'll be dangling. Come on." Slowly, together, they inched their way onto the other side of the railing, and held on facing the rest of the ship from the outside, Harry behind Louis in his protective position again as the ship completely split apart. The other half sunk, and their half slowly began to tilt more and more until it was at a 90 degree angle with the ocean surface. A girl next to them who didn't make it to the outside of the railing in time was hanging there until she slipped and fell into a smokestack. "Oh god," Louis mumbled, voice shaking. "Oh my god." He scrunched his eyes shut, trying to forget the memory. So much death. So much sadness. "Haz," he began quietly, as their half bobbed like a cork in the water. "Where's Zayn, Niall, and Liam?" Harry was silent. Then he said softly, "I told them to get on a boat. Since they're not here right now, then...they should be on a boat."

"Oh." Louis whispered. "But...what if-"

"No, Louis. Stop. They're fine, okay? They have to be, they're safe. We'll see them soon on a boat. The lifeboats were all ordered earlier to come back and pick up survivors after the sinking...well at least that's what the captain wanted. So hopefully we'll be rescued by them or something. They're fine."

Louis' eyes began to fill with tears as he gulped, trying to convince himself that Harry was right.

But he just couldn't seem to do it.

They were all probably dangling somewhere, trying desperately to hold onto the railing.

Or worse, they'd already been sucked into the water and drowned or cracked their skulls sliding into a wall or-

Louis bit his lip and stopped his train of thought right there. He had to stay calm and focus on keeping Harry and himself alive. They'd definitely find the others later.

The remaining half of the ship began slowly sinking, moving down into the water. "Louis, listen to me. This is important. When I say 'Now,' I need you to take a big breath and hold it. We're going to be sucked underwater. When we are, you need to kick as hard as you can and swim to the surface; no matter how cold it is you need to push through. And whatever you do, even underwater, do not let go of my hand." Harry hissed into Louis' ear. "I-I'll never let you go," Louis said shakily. "I promise." Harry moved his hand to cover Louis', and he gripped the railing on top of Louis' hand. They were pulled nearer and nearer to the water, with increasing speed. Harry kissed Louis' head one more time. Louis shed a tear. "I love you Haz," he whispered. "Don't say goodbye. Not now. We'll make it," he said firmly. They were sucked down, down, down. When most of the ship was under, the water almost an arm's length away and coming closer fast, Harry yelled, "NOW!" Louis took in the deepest breath he could and held it in.

Then they were pulled into the icy water.