Chapter 2

'Edited'

The day was moving quite fast because before I knew it, it was time for lunch.

I made my way to the cafeteria as soon as my class ended. I knew Tori would be at our regular lunch table waiting for me so I hurried and ordered, then made my way into the school yard. Our table was in a nice little corner that provided shade every now and then and also gave us privacy. I was a socially awkward potato and I didn't like attention so when we first came here I literally begged Tori to let us sit there.

"Hey guys," I said as I approached the table. Despite my social awkwardness, I wasn't uncool or unpopular and I had friends other than Tori. Sitting at the table were our other friends who were Micheal, Vincent, Armani, who was Micheal's girlfriend of two years, Isabelle who was Vincent's girlfriend of one year and Giovanni who's been both mine and Tori's boy best friend since diaper days. Our bond was unbreakable.

"Hey", "What's up?" A series of 'heys' and 'what's ups' greeted me back simultaneously as I sat down.

Micheal was light skinned with short dark silky hair and blue eyes that captivated every girl but he gave none of them the time of day for he had already set his eyes on only one. Armani had light brown skin but with hazel green eyes that made her look unique and really beautiful and her long brown hair complimented them just right. She and Micheal fit together perfectly.

Vincent had light brown skin too with dark brown eyes, but his hair was short and dark brown with a messy look but he made it work. Isabelle had brown skin like mine too but her hair was straight and brown and her eyes were a dark brown as well.

The baby blue eyes on Giovanni was his most attractive feature and his chestnut curly hair just gave you a look that would make you wanna run your hands nonstop through it. He used his looks to get girls but not as girlfriends and as one night stands. It always annoyed me but it's his life and he can live it however he wants to.

"So Ally, how was your summer? I hope you're finally over that excuse of a boy."

I looked up from my lunch to acknowledge Gio. "It was alright even though I didn't have you nor Tori to hang out with but I survived. And yes, I got over that jerk, surprisingly faster than I expected but a part of me still hurts. It doesn't matter anyways because it's in the past and I wanna focus on the future. I still don't want a boyfriend though." I directed that last statement towards Tori who was always trying to set me up with a random guy. I'll get one when I'm ready and besides, who needs a guy anyway? You're better off loving sleep, pizza and Netflix but most importantly, yourself.

Tori looked at me in fake bewilderment as if I was accusing her of horrible things. I smiled at her and went back to eating my food.

I stopped mid-bite when I heard the familiar loud clanking of heels coming towards our direction. When I looked at Tori my thoughts were proven right as I looked at her disgusted expression aimed at something behind me. Putting down my lunch, again, I sighed loudly and counted down from 5 in a whisper. "4...3...2...1... and-"

"Hey Allisandra." She drawled out my name in her high-pitched, annoying, fake voice that I love so. Note the sarcasm. I couldn't stand the crow. Meet Katherina Lopez, the girl that seems to think she runs this school because she is the cheer captain but she is also the biggest wh*re here. I didn't know giving away your body made you a queen. With her plastic boobs, plastic face, heck, plastic everything. Calling her a fake Barbie would be an offense to barbie and who would want to offend Barbie? Just know that she was that bad.

"Katherina." I didn't even bother to entertain her this time. It was just the first day. Couldn't the drama hold out until next week?

I should stop kidding myself. This is me I'm talking about and life just likes to kick me in my ass. "I see you're still as ugly," she said with a fake smile. "I see your still being recycled. Nothing's changed." I gave her a snarky remark. She scowled at me while trying to find a good comeback but it looked like the Botox in her tongue was giving her problems. Finally realizing she had nothing to say, she growled and stormed briskly back in the direction she came from. I gave her silent respect for being able to storm in heels.