Chapter 4

Fulmar followed Sunbeam down the hallway. Soon, he caught up to her. "Do you even know where your going?" He asked.

Sunbeam nodded slowly, "I think so..." Fulmar sighed, "How very reassuring..." She shivered, "You... are really cold!" He edged away from her. Your scales aren't perfect either..." he thought.

They took another turn and then they could see a big lake in the next section of the cave. "Race you to the lake!" Sunbeam said, running towards the water.

Fulmar took off after her. Sunbeam jumped into the water and Fulmar followed, tackling her. Sunbeam came up to the surface sputtering, "What did you do that for?" She asked.

Fulmar shrugged. Then he dove underwater. Sunbeam tried to make out the silver and blue shape at the bottom of the lake, but she couldn't see him.

She stayed still, waiting for him to pop out of the water and scare her.

Fulmar swam a bit below the surface of the water. He swam by Sunbeam and brushed his wing against her side; he wanted to scare her.

The hybrid flew out of the water behind Sunbeam, scattering little droplets everywhere. Sunbeam spun around, startled.

Fulmar fell back into the water, laughing. "You should have saw the look on your face!" He said. Sunbeam swam towards him and pushed him underwater, "Take that!" she said.

Now it was it was Fulmar's turn to come up sputtering. He looked up at the gap in the roof, "It's getting late," he told her, "Let's go back." Sunbeam sighed, "Okay..."

She swam back to the shore, with Fulmar right behind her, and then they headed to their sleeping cave.

They walked forward in silence. When they finally reached their sleeping cave, Sunbeam was exhausted. She entered the cave and headed straight for her spot by the window.

She was asleep in a couple of minutes. Fulmar could hear her muttering about camels and exploding cacti in her sleep.

Fulmar watched her for a bit, when he finally drifted off to sleep, he had a dream about his best friend, Snowfrost. In his dream, he was coming home from another one of his visits to the Sea Kingdom.

He was flying back towards Snowfrost, when, the Ice Kingdom turned into Scarlet's arena, Queen Scarlet was on a balcony, watching. She told her monster to attack Snowfrost. All he could do was watch as she turned into a pile of ashes between that creature's claws.

Every night since Snowfrost had died in Scarlet's arena, Fulmar had had had the same nightmare over and over again. Every night, he watched her die. Again and again. At the talons of that... that... creature.

He awoke in the morning to see sunlight pouring the window, he looked over sleepily at Sunbeam. Then he remembered: he had to get to class!

He got up and staggered over to Sunbeam, "Get up," he hissed, "Get up," and when she didn't get up, he said, "Okay, you asked for it..." he put his wing over her and she sat straight up. "I'm up!" She told him, "I'm up, I'm up."

"Good," He said, "now let's get going." She blinked at him, "Going where, exactly?" He sighed, "Your schedule is right there." Forgetful SandWing, he thought.