Chapter 6

She found him in the Music Cave, fiddling with some drums. "Hi," she said, surprising him. "I gotta ask you a question."

"Okay," He said, "Go ahead." Sunbeam sat down. "Starstrike, are you a mind reader?" Starstrike shifted nervously, "What makes you think that?"

She shrugged, "I just read a scroll that said NightWings with silver scales by their eyes can read minds. You're the only NightWing that I have ever seen with silver scales by his eyes. So, just answer the question: Are you a mind reader?"

He sighed, then nodded, "Don't tell anyone else. But all the NightWings already know." "Don't worry," she reassured him, "I won't tell anyone."

That night, Starstrike walked Sunbeam back to her cave, "Don't tell anyone..." he reminded her. "Okay." She said. When she entered the cave, she saw Fulmar pacing nervously at the front of the cave.

When he noticed her, he ran over and wrapped his wings around her in a hug, "Where were you!? I was worried sick!" Sunbeam shivered, "Dude, back off. Is this how I sounded earlier?"

He nodded. Sunbeam sighed, she got the feeling that he wanted her to explain herself. So she did. She told him that she had forgotten that she had promised Starstrike that she would go show him the Music Cave. And that that was why she had run off in such a hurry.

"Oooh, does somebody have a boyfriend?" He asked. She glared at him,"No I don't, quite being annoying." He yawned, laying down on his rock, "I'm tired, let's go to sleep." Sunbeam looked out their window, "But the sun hasn't even-" She was interrupted by a loud snore from Fulmar.

She sighed then went over to her sleeping place. And was asleep in a matter of minutes.

Sunbeam awoke and looked over; Fulmar was here this time. She sat up and yawned, looking outside. It was about 3 hours before noon.

She walked over to Fulmar, "Hey, wake up. Get up, Hybrid." He muttered something that sounded like: "Get of me you giant camel..." Sunbeam nudged him. "Get up!" She jumped on him and put her face right beside his ear, "Get up," she whispered, then she sat up, "Okay, GET UP!!" She yelled in his ear.

That woke him up. She jumped of him, "Who's the giant camel now?" He looked very confused by that, "What?" She laughed, "While you were sleeping, you called me a giant camel."

"Oh, okay," he said. Sunbeam gathered her supplies and as Sunbeam and Fulmar were leaving their cave, they heard an explosion. The sound seemed to have come from the History Cave.

Sunbeam and Fulmar shared a worried look as they ran towards the History Cave.
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
Sorry about another short chapter. I will post another chapter. I just have to reread Moon Rising.