Chapter 18: Family Fun

Takes place at some point before Chapter 6

----

Orange let out a loud laugh as she hung off of blue's knee, shaking so hard she nearly slipped off and fell into into the water below as she strained to listen to the notes floating up from the center of the pool. Luckily, in her own fits of giggles, Blue managed to catch her by the back of her tunic, keeping her from falling in as she wiped at the happy tears in her eyes with her free hand.

"No, no, Yellow," Blue said, "it can't be that song."

"Well, what else could it be?" Yellow was grinning, cheeks tinted a shade darker and tears collected in the corners of her eyes from laughing so hard. "Your guess of that silly ballroom song couldn't be any more accurate than mine."

"It does have that certain beat to it, though," White added to their conversation and Yellow held out a hand in her direction as she looked at Blue as if to say See, "Do you have any better ideas?"

"Oh!" Orange sprung up, both hands excitedly waving in the air and a gleam in her eyes that had everyone turning to her with large smiles, "What about that one that goes lala lalala lala, What's it called?"

Blue hummed the tune again with her, a thoughtful look softly scrunching her features before she let out a gasp, "A Cat's Eye March!"

A few more bubbles popped and disturbed the surface before Pink emerged, hair clinging to her face and shoulders, and dress completely waterlogged, but she was all happy grins and bright eyes as she looked around at everyone. "That's it! Who got it?"

"Our clever Orange guessed right this time." White said and Pink turned to Orange, reaching up both hands and Orange was immediantly rocketing off Blue into Pink's open arms, the two making a splash as they ducked under the water and resurfaced in a fit of giggles that was contagious to the whole group.

"Your so smart! How did you ever guess?"

"The cat's eyes always make such pretty songs!" Orange wrapped her arms tightly around Pink's neck to stop from slipping under the surface. She'd sink like a rock without Pink to tread water for her, or the side of the bath to cling onto. She had never successfully managed to swim, even thought her mother had tried to teach her on multiple occasions.

"She's always listening to those recordings of them when she's alone in her chambers, are you really surprised?" Yellow broke out in a smug grin when Orange stuck her tongue out at her, cheeks lit in embarrassment.

"No wonder I couldn't get it out of my head, I couldn't remember where I had heard it." Pink said, before placing a kiss onto Orange's nose, turning her pout into a smile. "Shall we play another round?"

"Yes!"