7| Trey Travis Traitor Truce

"So, what are you in for?"

I waited for the little witch to start spilling the beans because I was bored and the guard wouldn't flirt back. I'm probably going to need allies anyway and it's even better if those allies have abilities that I don't. The innocent child thing she has going on can be a really crafty upper hand if need be. The girl was prime real estate really.

She didn't budge though. I started to wonder what was going through her head. She seemed to be in shock maybe? She probably has no idea what she's into. There hadn't been single peep out of her since she walked out of that old bastard Morris's office.

Just when I was about to pester her some more I smelled my sweet little mate finally coming to pay me a visit. I all but groaned when the smell got closer and moved to sit right in front of the bars, waiting for him to appear. He's certainly not my favorite person in the world but I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to spread his cute little bubble—

      "Travis," Sam said dryly as he leaned against the wall in front of my cell.

"Aw did you miss me baby?" I smiled up at him teasingly, bushing my tongue over the tip of my canines.

"Not a chance in hell," he scoffed at me but his eyes told me that was a lie. I made sure to release a nice amount of pheromones to get him frazzled and it was working.

"You sure love? You look like you need a little something."

He raised an eyebrow and ignored my advances. He's always been a bit uptight if you ask me.

"Why are you even here, Travis?"

"Now that's no way to treat your mate. I didn't expect any different though since you've been neglecting my boy for a week." By now I was on my feet and scowling at him, "Thanks for keeping my seat warm while I was away."

That one struck a nerve. I felt the sadness rolling off of him just like old times. My wolf made me feel like shit about it though.

"That's no way to get him in bed now is it, you twit? How dare you? Apologize, you dick."  Vaughn's voice boomed in my conscious like a bass drum. Vaughn is my wolf and I hate it when he's right. I'm an ass but that was a bit low, even for me.

"Hey," He had already turned his back on me, "thanks for keeping him safe all of these years, Sam."

"Allen can take care of himself."

"I know...but still."

He had turned back to face me and it looked like he was getting ready to give me a piece of his mind, sexy.

"You have some nerve prancing around here with your cocky attitude like you aren't the one that abandoned him. Not only did you abandon him but you betrayed us all. You think you can just show up here and get in his pants—"

"Your pants," I corrected him. "both of your pants."

"Shut the hell up. You don't get to—"

"Yes, daddy" I growled from deep in my throat, throwing him off guard for a second and smirking when his breath hitches a bit.

"You don't get to do this, Travis. What are you even trying to accomplish? And don't even for a second tell me that you'd come back after doing what you did just because the moon goddess matched us up because that's bullshit. You left and you didn't even flinch about it."

He wasn't entirely wrong. My reasons for coming back were slightly in the grey area but the goal in coming here was to seal the bond nonetheless. Truthfully, I have always cared about Allen and when he finally was exposed to our bond I almost zipped my pants and left my clients for the night. Feeling the pull with Sam was a little bit of a surprise but it made sense.