11| Confess Your Desires Pt. 1

hi, internet people. double update because you've been so great.
**

I've been locking myself in my father's office while he's in the infirmary. My mind keeps replaying the images in my head like a horror movie on loop at full volume, with no way to shut off the television.

I take my eyes off of my father for two seconds at the sound of Travis's helpless whimper and they land on his body hanging in the air, completely paralyzed. That small moment of vulnerability was all it took for the creature to slash his claws across the back of my neck and into my father's weakened form. Sam takes on fighting this thing while I rush to the ground to ensure my father's wounds would recover. He heals just like the rest of us, but he's suffered a lot of damage trying to fight off this creature.

And he failed.

Every single wolf that was with him surrounds us like sacrificial lambs. At that moment I throw gasoline onto my raging fire of anger and let out a powerful growl as I leapt into action. The creature cowers slightly and I feel my voice reverberate from the trees around us. The thing only falters for a blink of an eye and he engages with me, wearing a smile fit for the physical manifestation of evil.

Under its gaze I feel almost spelled. I feel hazy and pliable. But one more glimpse at my mate in the air and my other getting tossed to the ground as if he were a paperweight, I sober up. I stalk towards the creature and stare daggers into the hollow. This thing is not a wolf, it's not human and it doesn't breathe life.

The smell of death reeks in its blood and I know that the logical thing to do is to let it live so we can squeeze information out of it like water from filthy wash rag after a long day's agony. But Kofi, my wolf, doesn't allow it. I don't allow it.

Sam traps its arms from behind and I waste no time relishing in the pleasure of snapping the neck. We watch it fall to the ground and I feel like a piece of me has been severed from my being. The void of stolen links cements into my mind and I feel cold.

It's only then that I realize the rest of the pack is now standing before the scene. Silent as mice, they stare into me and begin to bare their necks. The feeling is new, it's warm and surreal. A fresh set of pajamas with a thread count so high they wrap your body in a cloud, purified from your night shower. Your demons leaking down the drain pipes and replaced with the scent of Irish Spring on your skin. Drifting into a slumber without a single wrinkle in your brow. That's what it feels like to have them embrace me despite the lost wolves at my feet.

I have no explanation for what I do next, aside from the fact that it seems natural. I lower my head slowly in response. When I raise my head again it feels like we've leapt across a river that stretched so wide after we land, that the last place that held our feet is now but a mere speck in the distance.

I feel two sets of lips kiss my shoulders and my entire body relaxes and so does Kofi. It's the first time I've ever experienced him so vulnerable and susceptible to companionship. The lingering sensation from their lips is as intoxicating as letting your eyes flutter shut while floating in the ocean, a gentle current swaying you back and forth and hypnotizing your heart strings.

    "It's not dead." Travis takes a sharp gasp before he uttered those three little words and as we turned around the thing's eyes snap open.

I command the pack to stay back. No sooner than the words leave my mind, does a bright light shine directly between us and the creature shrinks away slightly but there's no way to escape the heat.

I know it's the little asian girl. What I don't know is how and why she's coming here. I leap through the light and land with both feet on the creatures shoulders. The need to put a stop to the pain all of my pack is suffering floods me with the thirst to kill. I dig my claws underneath his jaw so quickly that he can't react before I yank upwards with every fiber of my being.