10| Confess Your Secrets

warning: this isn't edited and neither was the last. but 90 votes? you guys are great so here you are.
🌿
**

The pack sat rather awkwardly at the breakfast table. It may have been a long time since I felt like a true member of the Prideridge Wolf Pack, but I do remember that we hardly ever had a massive breakfast together like this. It felt weird.

The tension is just about written clean across Morris's face and I'd rather he just spit out whatever he has to say already. My head is preoccupied with the possibility that I may have actually just won Sam over, and Al is sitting between us rubbing our thighs underneath the table. I'd be a fool not to recognize the long overdue mating looming over the three of us like some sort of raincloud following a sad character in a cartoon. And Al's getting restless while Sam is getting tenser by the second as it begins to pour down on us.

Pack drama is not what I need right now. It's my mates at ease, that I need.

    "As I'm sure you all have noticed, things have been tense around here." Morris clears his throat and catches everyone's expecting gaze. "I didn't want to alarm you all until I found out what exactly is going on... but i'm afraid that after weeks of venturing out with Chris. We still have no I idea what we're dealing with."

The pack members are steel in their seats right now. Waiting for Morris to rip the band aid off.

    "For quite some time now, there have been dead rogues found just beyond our boarders. I have no idea what they're purpose was or who is responsible for killing them, but the fact remains that the pattern of their corpses draws a perfect circle around our territory."

I held a piece of bacon above my tongue and froze solid in my seat. It only lasted a second and nobody registered it except both Sam and Allen shot me a sideways glance.

    "I apologize for being silent about Chris and Jace's absence, but I didn't want to alarm you all before it was necessary given our...history."

This is just some sort of drown Trey in guilt party. First the dead "rogues" and now a reference to the fire. All before I've finished my waffles.

    "Needless to say I am no longer confident that we are not indeed the target of another attack, this one more calculated and confusing than the last. While Chris and Jace were gone, they were visiting with surrounding packs to hopefully find more information about these rogues... they're somehow different than most."

It took everything in me to keep up a good face while Morris rattled on, fumbling for an explanation without answers that I held.

    "On the way back with very little information, our beta and warrior were temporarily captured by...creatures we've never seen before. The most plausible explanation we have is that they're some kind of humans who've used science to obtain the abilities of our kind... and of others."

This part is news to me. For once I have no idea what he's on about, but surely he'll continue anyway. Morris gets really prim and proper when there's danger, that much I remember.

    "I wish that the unknowns would end there but their escape has me left with more questions than answers. They've described a light and sudden death of those that held them captive before their confines were released and they walked away without a trace of anyone to be found."

I raise an eyebrow at this. Everyone else at the pack table looks just as ready for the prank to be over as well. Morris sounds nuts. Yes, we're werewolves and witches exist as well but we have a plausible history that explains our origins. This set of events that he's describing...human hybrid experiments, captures and sudden death? It sounds like a load of shit.