12 | fw: my old friends

July 18th, 2012

  Hello, how's everyone? Doing well? I'm sorry for the delay, but I was occupied with my duties as a chaperone in the summer camp

  Hello, how's everyone? Doing well? I'm sorry for the delay, but I was occupied with my duties as a chaperone in the summer camp. I heard about Aaron's leg; is he doing okay? I sure hope so.

  The last two weeks were okay, but I would've loved it if Eleanor and Aaron showed up. The other chaperones were asking about them and so was the football coach; I guess they do have a lasting impression.

  Also, do you remember Juno? She was one of the kids who joined the camp a year before me and the girl everyone kept teasing me about. Remember her now? Well, she's a chaperone now with me and she also teaches tennis, yet no one calls her Juno anymore. She goes by her real name now: Ja-Eun. She told me she went back to Korea in 2002, a year after I joined the camp. She just completed her bachelor's degree in Biotechnology there and applied for graduate school here in Canada.

  There's also Kieran if you still remember him. He's a chaperone, but doesn't teach any sport. Just like me. Apparently, he has dropped out of NYU in his sophomore year and is currently unemployed although he prefers the term "freelance photographer". I've seen some of his pictures, and they're pretty sweet. I suggested that he apply for a permanent job but he refused, promising me that he's much happier this way.

  It sounds like such a foreign concept doesn't it? Although I might not agree with his choices, I'm just glad he's content with what he's doing.

  Thankfully, this is the last week in the summer camp, so I should be able to send you even more letters as of next week. Hope you have a lovely summer.

 Hope you have a lovely summer